Chapter 28: Ron's bad day

Ron's POV

Getting out of bed is the only thing in the world which I can't do. I wake up to the sound of the pack alarm. I am supposed to train along with the warriors today.

After completing the training I have no pack duties for the day. Last week I was patrolling the territory. I don't know why alpha wants to keep all night patrols when we have a super-powerful witch like mom who can just do a little barrier spell.

Not that I am complaining. If my alpha thinks it's important.. It is important. Anyways, since have a day off from pack duties, I wonder what else I could do? I should go check upon Mom. She is not living in the packhouse since they got Moondwelt back. She has also turned one room into a mini-research center but it's just between the two of us.
I had no car so I wolfed out and decided to run.

On reaching, I saw a man aiming a crossbow at Mom. She was in her wolf form. The man was continuously shooting arrows at mom and she was dogging them. Considering him as a threat I attacked him. He was quite strong even though he was a human. I tackled him to the ground and had my paw over his chest. I was about to claw the man's face when I was thrown away from the man by someone.

I looked up to find my Mom looking at me exhausted. She had shifted back to her human form. She gave me a hand and I got up.

'Ron.. I was just training.' she said through our link.

'Who is that man shooting arrows at you?' I asked investigating the man yet being cautious.

'That's my adoptive brother Shawn. Now go inside and get dressed. I will get inside once I am done. I have made your favorite chicken sandwiches today"
She said patting off the mud from my fur.

"I walked inside and the delicious smell wouldn't let me get dressed. I went straight to the kitchen. I transformed back to my human form and ate the very last bite.

While I was enjoying the most delicious sandwich in the world, mom decided to walk into the kitchen. She immediately covered her eyes and groaned "I asked you to put on some clothes first"

"Couldn't resist them" I said with a mouthful.

She threw a pair of shorts on means and took off.

I wore the shorts and threw on a t-shirt from my old clothes since all my new clothes are at the packhouse. This makes my muscles look bigger. I like this t-shirt.

I walked to the living room to find mom and the guy sitting on the couch having a talk.

"Finally" she breathed

"This is Ron. My best friend" Mom said introducing me to the man. That's what we tell everyone since we don't want more people to know our Mother-Son story. Besides I can still call her Mom in front of anyone because of the spell she did.

"Hi. I am Shawn" the guy said.

"Shawn as in the hunter Shawn?" I questioned in surprise. Mom's adoptive brother is a hunter? Why didn't she tell me this before?

"Yes, the Hunter." The guy said proudly.

"Where have you been the last week?" Mom asked.

"I had patrol" I tried talking the least in front of the hunter. I don't want him to know anything about us or our pack.

"You have a lot to catch up on buddy." She said rolling her eyes. "Why don't you drive me to the mall and I'll fill you in."
"Shawn is leaving so I'll just say my goodbyes and catch up with you" she added.

"Okay," I said and walked to my room. Mom hasn't touched anything. It's just as I left it. I decided to take a nap till she comes back.

"Wake up! Wake up!!" Someone's voice pulled me out of my dreamland where I was enjoying my sleep. Yeah.. I was dreaming that I am sleeping.

"Aaagghhh Mom" that hurts. She had pushed me off the bed.

"It was either this or a bucket of ice!" she said smirking.

I got up and straightened myself.
"You wanna tell me about the hunter now? And why was he shooting you if you are his sister?"

"Oh Ron, we were practicing. Apparently, hunters use silver bullets and arrows to kill werewolves. So we were using wooden arrows and he was training me to dodge them." She said folding my bedsheet.
"And yes, we also trained with wooden bullets yesterday"

"Guess you don't need werewolves anymore for training," I said poking her arm with my finger.

"You are seriously a kid" she rolled her eyes. "Let's go I am gonna teach you how to drive"

"I can drive mom! I just don't have a car."

"You don't get one unless I approve your driving."

With that said I hopped into the driver's seat with mom beside me. Because of her, I couldn't exceed the speed above 50. We finally reached the mall. She told me more about her hunter brother and her argument with alpha.
But at least they solved it and are not mad at each other.
Their leader as in Shawn believe that Dr. Patrick deserves what he got and wouldn't blame mom or anybody else for his death.

After visiting a hundred shops, looking at thousands of dresses, and rejecting ten-thousand dresses mom finally completed her shopping. I have never been so tired! Not even when I train for 8 hours straight. My alpha is much less ruthless than my Mom.

Okay, I must have exaggerated, but my legs are about to break.

"Mom can we eat something. Don't you have enough clothes?" I said holding up the innumerable bags in my hands. One more bag and I am going to drop everything.

"I don't have footwears"
I cried in my mind. Why did I ever agree to go on shopping?

We came here at 9 am in the morning. It's sundown and we are still here. I am currently sitting like a potato in the waiting area as Mom is paying off the bills.

She handed me another bag and I caught it between my chin and chest.

We walked to the food court and mom bumped into a couple and dropped their bags
"I am sorry" she immediately apologized.
But the lady started screaming and cursing her. I came into view and I was frozen on spot.

My eyes turned red and I let out a loud and dangerous growl. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and had all eyes on me.

"You... You.. Ron" the lady said looking at my blood-red eyes. Mom pulled me out of their sight and took me to a corner.

"Are you okay baby?" She said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"She is the one who gave me birth," I said with a breaking voice. Flashes of my childhood sent waves of terror down my spine.
"She is going to kill me" I mumbled.

Mom shook me.
"No one is going to lay a hand on you.. you get it?" She said holding my face in her palms.
"I will wipe off her memories. You will now sit in the car and not panic. Okay?" she said kissing me on my forehead and teleported me to the car.

Once my bio-parents were out of my sight I let out a breath. I was still cold sweating. Mom teleported herself into the car the very next minute.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" she asked.
I just snuggled into her laps like a child.