Chapter 32: History

"She will not bow!" As the voice echoed a wave of terror ran down my spine. I was never felt threatened by any werewolf. Yet. But this is voice gave me chills. I quickly shrugged it off. I am strong. I said to myself and the fear disappeared.

I looked in the direction of this strong voice. It belonged to a lady. She was wearing a scarlet red gown with  glitters.

She walked through the crowd and as the crowd took a look at her they all kneeled

She walked through the crowd and as the crowd took a look at her they all kneeled. I am furious. I could feel her powerful aura but she spoiled the most important day of my mate's life. She walked right on the stage and everyone on the stage bowed except me.

"And who are you to decide this?" I eyed the lady.

Derek pulled me back.
"I apologize my majesty. She is new and unaware of the royal highness" he said without eye contact.

"Don't you dare touch her!" She roared.
Derek immediately left my hand.
She is the queen. That's the reason everyone has their heads down.
Should I apologize for my behaviour? I am still thinking.

"Mark!" She growled scanning through the crowd.

Mark was at the front within a second.
"We need to talk."

"I am sorry your majesty but we are having a ceremony here," I spoke. I am pissed. Derek glared at me and pleaded me to stay silent. But I am not going to let such a big day spoil only because the queen wants to have a chat with my brother.

"Sweetheart, I need you too and; about the ceremony. The ex-king and queen please bow to the future king and everybody can follow." She announced and the crowd followed her every word immediately.

"Now, can we have a moment Asher?" The queen said looking at the ex-king. His name was Asher. I never knew because all I had heard is everyone calling him King or Alpha King.

"Yes, your majesty. This way please." He guided us to the meeting room. Mark, Derek and I followed the Royal queen and our ex-king.

On reaching the meeting hall, the queen spoke.
"That would be all Asher. Thank you."
The king left. Mark and the queen entered the meeting hall and I followed with Derek by my side.

"Where do you think you are coming, young king?" She glared at him " Did I invite you?"

Derek's face dropped. I could feel sadness laced over him. Today is the day he must be respected and loved. I can't handle him being insulted.

"He is my mate and he just wants to be by my side," I said looking straight into the queen's eyes. I don't know what gives me this confidence.

"Niya. If the queen wishes something. It is bound to be followed." Mark said through his teeth.

"It's okay, baby. I'll wait here." Derek said in a low tone.

"You are blessed young king. But why isn't she a Luna yet? Did you hurt her?" She used an authoritative voice which seems to have compelled Derek, to tell the truth. I can sense he is frightened. I don't want him to get any more hurt.