Chapter: 23 The transformation

She fell on the ground and her bones started breaking.. She is.. She is transforming.. She is a werewolf.. I linked her and started speaking in her head.

"Niya... Niya..." I roared.

"What is happening to me.. Who is it"

"Niya listen to me very carefully. Do not resist the transformation. The more you resist the more pain you would feel. Submit to the power you feel."

I could see my mate in pain. With every bone-breaking, she screamed more and more. She finally gave in. And in place of here, there was a beautiful white wolf. She was a bit smaller than me but still bigger than most betas.

 'Pure white' There hasn't been a white wolf in ages. Her eyes were green. Most of the werewolves have red eyes but she was.. different.

"You are beautiful!" I said through the link. She looked at me. "Is that you?" she replied. "yes"

"Who are you?" I think she feels the mate bond.

"Why don't I tell you after we have a run. Let your wolf take over." She did as I instructed her. 

Having your mate by your side when you first shift makes it way much better. My wolf took control and chased his mate in the run. She was fast but I could easily keep up with her.

 My wolf was overjoyed having his mate by his side. They then sat beside the same lake where Niya saved my life a few hours ago. 

My wolf told her wolf everything. Right from the vampires to my suicide. He also mentioned that I am a weakling and he had no part in hurting our mate.

 Well, that is right. But hey.. he must at least back me up a little. Niya immediately took control and took few steps back still in her wolf form. I shifted to my human form butt naked.

"Niya.. please listen to me.. let me explain.. give me a chance." She looked at me with her piercing green eyes and ran into Mark's territory. I clearly cannot enter because of the stupid barrier he has set up.

Niya's POV

RAGE. That was the only emotion I felt.

 After killing the vampires and setting up the basement on fire  I thought my rage would dissolve. But looking at Patrick's face was just intensifying it.

 He let all those people die of the infection when he had the cure, all along. He had been experimenting on my best friend's mate. I could feel the pain in his eyes when Will saw her condition.

 I blocked his airways and desiccated his lungs. That's when the black wolf threw me over his back and took me out of there. He kept me on the ground and that's when I could process everything. I had killed a person. A human being. 

A wave of pain striked my body and I fell to the ground. My bones started breaking. I was afraid and confused and about to lose my mind. That's when I heard a voice in my mind. I follow the voice and did as it said. The next thing I remember is lying beside the lake with the black wolf. Derek was the word that brought me to my senses

The black wolf was Derek. How could I not know already? I took a step back. He shifted to his human form. I kept my gaze straight to his eyes.

"Niya.. please listen to me.. let me explain.. give me a chance."

I gave him one last look and entered Marks territory. I knew he couldn't enter. I went straight to the packhouse. I saw Mark fuming with anger. He had Ron by his side and was screaming at the new couple. William had a sad face and his mate was shivering as she looked at the angry alpha.