Chapter 32: Confronted

He ran out of the palace in his wolf form and I followed him. He ran through the woods and made it to the top of a mountain. I didn't want to steal his privacy but just wanted to make sure he is safe and does nothing stupid. I changed back to my human form

He stood at the peak and howled. He howled for his mother and his lost mate. The mountain had a sharp peak and had a deep valley underneath with a very powerful river flowing through it. He slipped his hind legs. I ran towards and grabbed his torso. He is too strong for me I can't hold the weight any longer.
I quickly mumbled a spell and pulled him over. He changed back to his human form and hugged me.

"I don't want to die Niya." He crashed into my arms.

"And you would not," I said holding moving my fingers through his curly hair.

"My.. my mom... My mate" he uttered.

"Shhhuuu shhh.." I tried my best to comfort him
We stayed there for a moment.

"I can try contacting their spirit," I said after a moment.

He left me and looked at me.

"No, that's highly dangerous for you. Black magic has its consequences" he said sternly.

"And I am willing to face them. For you. Somewhere or the other I am responsible for their death. It was all me" I said holding my head.

"Don't you ever say that!" Mark said in a warning tone. "It was all because of my father. I don't even wish to call him that." Mark started hyperventilating.

"Mark, it's okay! Let's get you home" I reassured.

I teleported him back to the palace and made him sleep in my bedroom. I walked back to the meeting room only to find my mate in front of the queen.

"How did she trigger her werewolf side? I am asking you for the last time" she was looking at him with blood-red eyes.

"Stop torchering my mate already" he must be feeling the submissive effect of the royal command. I hugged him from behind.

"You're okay love?" I asked him.
He nodded.

"Niya I just want what's good for you. Your dad had to bind your witch and with sides to deep triggers which weren't that easy to get through."

"How do you even know I am your daughter? Didn't the witch had your daughter's heart in her hand?"
I questioned.

"She did but that was Mark's mate's heart. I had asked a witch to spell it and confirm but when I went back to the place I hid you, you weren't there anymore. I tried the best witches to try locater spells on you. But your dad's magic was so strong nobody could find you. He had made such provisions when he bound your supernatural sides. I tried breaking off his sleeping spell to tell him that his daughter is alive but no one is strong enough to do it." She said with a frown.

"You killed someone." She looked straight into my eyes. The flashes of Dr. Patrick's death flooded my vision. I felt weak. "That's how you triggered your werewolf side. Extreme guilt and self-hate, that was the key to trigger your wolf. We had promised each other we would never let you face that."

She continued but I was about to faint. Derek caught me and reminded me of what he has been saying since the first day of my transformation.

"Niya remember, Patrick was a bad man. He tried destroying our kind. He got what he deserved. You are not responsible for his death." He said shaking me. His words pulled me out of my guilt. I felt a bit better. I could standstill. He hugged me and drew circles on my back.
"There you go, baby. You are not a bad soul. You are a savior of an entire race"
My breathing unified" he hugged me tighter and then loosened his grip.