Chapter 16: The creepy guys

Derek's POV.

So far all great. We completed our first day, testing patients. Well, she was testing them. And I was glaring at every male who she was testing.

At the end of the day, I was about to drop her. But that's when Niya tripped upon a training cone. Which idiot had the audacity to leave it here?

I would find out but I have to be by my mate's side. I took her to my room and placed her on the bed. When the doctor tried to touch her I almost lost control and attacked him. The thought of any other male touching my mate makes me go crazy on rage.
But then I let him treat her.

We spent the night together watching a movie and then sleeping in the same room. She was sleeping like a baby. Me.. not much because I couldn't resist staring at her face.

My wolf has constantly been asking me to make a move.
I don't know how she will react.  My wolf pushed me back and took control. I had been wearing brown contact lenses so that Niya won't get afraid if the color of my eyes flickers.

It's been hard keeping my wolf at bay especially when my mate and I share the same room. I asked her to go out with me. I have the entire day planned. She resited saying she needs to work but come on! I own Moondwelt.  

"You see, the place that you work at, I kind of own it!" I said and stared at her soft lips. God! She is so beautiful. I took a step closer to her. I could feel the warmth of her breath. She brushed her lips on mine. Fuck! I am losing control. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. All I can think is sinking my fangs on her delicate neck. I want to mark her and make her mine. I pressed my lips against hers and we started kissing. Heaven. She gripped my hair and pulled me closer. She was letting me lead. I picked her by her waist and she wrapped her legs around me. We were kissing passionately. 

A knock on the door made us separate from each other. Who the fuck is it? I placed her on my bed and went to the door. It's Cassendra's brother. What the hell! I clawed picking him by his neck and dropped him down the stairs.

"Alpha, there's a message from the king,"  he said as I was about to tear him off.

"What?" I growled.

"He wants you to contact him urgently for pack business." he managed to speak. 

I could hear Niya's footsteps. She is coming towards the door. I don't want her to see this. I left him and immediately went back to my room.

"You okay Der?" she said 

Der, she nicknamed me. That feels so sweet. I hate it when my family tries giving me nicknames. But when she called me Der, it made me skip a beat. I guess I am turning red.

"No, but you can make me, better than okay!" I said making her blush.

She then went for a shower. I picked her some clothes from my Mom's closet. This should fit her. 

"What are you doing in my closet?" Mom questioned.

"I was looking for some clothes. Niya stayed over and we are going on a date." I told her.

"Woah Woah! When did this happen. Tell me everything!" She yelled in excitement.

"Mom, I don't want to! It's so awkward. Are you going to help me select a dress for her?" I questioned.

She pulled out several dresses and then handed me one. "Here, she will look perfect in this. She will love it." Mom winked. She then handed me some hells and I don't know what else. 

I went back to my room. "Baby I got you these clothes"  I saw Niya wearing one of my T-shirts. It almost reaches her mid-thighs. I can't take my eyes off her. 

"But I like you better in these," I added. She snatched the clothes and went deeper inside the bedroom away from my eyes.

"Okay.. Okay.. I am leaving"

*********************************************************

We then had lunch and went into the meadow. Everything was going according to my plan. I proposed to her. I am afraid of her answer. What if she rejects me.
Yes. You are right. The big bad alpha's heart is pounding.

"YES" she smiled hugging me back.
I literally can't believe this. My mate is my girlfriend now. I wish she was my wife already. But this is a GREAT start. I picked her up and hugged her tighter.

"Can't... feel.. air.." she said choking.
I released her..

"I.. I.. am so sorry. I am just so happy.. are you okay? Should I call a doctor?" I was worried about the love of my life
That's when she started laughing

"I am completely fine.. I was just kidding"

I picked her up. "I can walk Der"

"I won't let you love"

We drove off to the palace.

Niya's POV

I said 'YES'. My first boyfriend. Literally a prince. I don't care about his status. I love him for the person he is.

We drove back home. And Der left me to check on something. I received a call from William. He said Mark tried to call me but my phone was out of network.

Maybe because there was no network in the meadow. He informed me that Mark has extended his trip from a week to, I am not sure till when. And my property is safe with him.

That's what we call Ron 'My property'.  Will had no idea about Ron. Even though I trust him I am not ready yet to trust him with Ron's secrete.

After my call. Der and I had dinner and we called it a night. The next three weeks we have turned literally into a lovie- dovie couple. We had our special night three days after he asked me to be his girlfriend.
It was the best night of my life. Thinking about it makes my mind go.... Well you know!

His mom, the queen is amazing. The king wasn't as bad as I pictured him. Two days ago his mom and dad had left to visit some meeting in another state.

Most of the council members had also left with them. We basically had the palace to ourselves. Not that his parents disturbed us anytime.

Derek had his cousin uncle at the palace. He had been assisting him with work and stuffs since his parents aren't here. I don't like this uncle of his. I just don't know why but I have a bad feeling about him.

My intuitions are never wrong but Der trust's him. So I have decided to let it go. Mark and Ron have returned. I haven't told them about my relationship with Der yet.

It is dark outside. I decided to take a walk around the palace. That's when a creepy-looking man with pale skin complete black eyes. He was wearing clothes as he belonged to the 17th century. He grabbed my hand. I screamed looking at him. Derek snatched me out of that creepy man's grip.

That's when more men like him started appearing. Derek picked me and within seconds we were inside this palace. He felt relaxed.

But his emotions were suddenly replaced when the men started entering the palace. Der broke the glass window and ran out of the palace still holding me in his arms. We then reached my place.

Those creepy guys followed us but they couldn't enter my house. Derek let out a breath.

"Don't leave the house until the sun and do not come to the palace." he kissed my forehead and was ready to leave. Der.. please don't go.. I was afraid and about to cry. Tears threatened to leave my eyes.

"I will be back baby. I promise" he kissed me.

"I love you," I said with my voice breaking.

"I love you more"

This was the last thing he said and stormed out of the house, like a gush of wind. I am sure he is a werewolf. Since I have been in with two for most of my time. I can easily pick upon it. Derek never mentioned it. He is trying his best to hide. But today he couldn't. Those guys scared the hell out of me. And also Derek I guess. I have never seen him so tensed and worried.

I was worried about Der. I spent my entire night leaving him messages and calling him.