Chapter 27 : Brothers

Everything has been going excellent. I have joined Mondwelt back but it was more like I own it now.

The King transferred the entire ownership to Mark and he just passed it on to me. I told him that I don't want him to do it just because I am his sister but then he said I deserve it since I have saved the werewolf's existence.

I don't go to the institute daily since I have to keep up with my training. Being a witch and a wolf together is very tiring. I snuggled into my bed.

Mark is teaching me to fight in human form as he believes I need no training in wolf form. My legs are about to break.

I am at Moondwelt right now and I receive a call from Derek.

"Hello"

"Hi.. Niya.. There is someone at the palace looking for you. But I am quite unsure if it would be okay to let you two meet" he said with uncertainty.

"Who is it, Derek?"

"Aagghhh.. The hunter" he groaned

"I am coming to the palace." I quickly hanged up and drive towards the palace. I park and walk towards the entrance.

Derek wolfed and was by my side within a second.
"Niya. You don't have to do this if you don't want to" he said reassuring me.

"Where is he?" I asked simply.

"In the meeting hall."
I walked towards the meeting hall. Derek has been super alert and was watching the surroundings to check for more hunters. Apparently, Shawn was here alone.

We reached the meeting hall.

"Derek... I want to talk to him alone." I said trying to stop him from following me.

"You think I am going to let you be alone with a hunter and that too the leader of hunters?" He laughed dramatically. "You are my mate and I am not leaving your side" he growled.

"I have grown up with him for 18 years of my life. You think he can hurt me only because he is a hunter? Well, you were my mate for 3 weeks and you did hurt me after all. So I chose to believe in time over people" I growled back.

I went inside and created a barrier spell so that no one could enter. Specifically, Derek.

As I entered Shawn stood up and ran towards me. He engulfed me into a hug.

"I missed you," he said softly.

"I missed you too" I hugged him back

"What happened.. How did you.." he couldn't find words.

I made him sit and took a seat before him

"After you left when I was 18 things got weirder. Mom and dad said I have to join them in the family business. But you know I wanted to be a scientist." He nodded.

"This got pretty wild one day and Dad said if I don't join them I would be an abomination. And then Mom mentioned how they were wrong to adopt me and give me a shelter when I was young" my voice cracked at the end.

"Niya.. why did you call me?" He said sadly.

"It was not like you left me your phone number. They said you were on an army mission and would never come back for me. Because you hated me all along. Because I am not your true sister."
I had tears flooding my eyes.

Shawn hugged me. "You know they lied. Right?" He said wiping my tears. "I don't care if we didn't share the same blood. Anyways, I hate them now. They had promised me they will take good care of you. And look what they have done!"