Chapter 30: Blossomed

Derek's POV

Niya has been hard. She has been busting on me but I would do anything to get her back. After what happened in the meadow, my wolf tried reaching out to his mate. But he couldn't.

"Alpha, sorry to disturb you but I have important news," Edward said knocking at the door to my office.

"This better be serious" I glared.

"Alpha, I received a call from the lady whose 5-year-old son had run away from the execution. She said she saw his son with a girl at the mall" he stated

"We are looking for an 18-year-old, not a 5-year-old you idiot!" I growled.

"That's the news. She said her son looks like an 18-year-old and she swore he was her son" he said looking at the ground.

"How is this possible?" I groaned eyeing him.

"Alpha, I visited the lady but she does not remember calling me. She doesn't even remember she is a werewolf nor does her husband. Everything points to just one conclusion prince, there is a witch working alongside the boy" Edward stated.

A witch? Niya? Would she be responsible for everything? She shouldn't be manipulating people like this. If she is responsible for aging this kid she is just inviting darkness and Blackmagic. No matter what I am going to be by her side. She is new to the supernatural world. She needs to understand what's good and evil. I take a deep breath.

"That's Niyas scent. She is here!" I said to myself and stormed out to the main entrance. I saw Mark carrying her in his arms. I immediately took her into mine. Her body was burning. "Mate" was all she said.

"Shhhuuu shhh... I am here baby. I am here." I took her to my room. She looked eased upon my touch.

"Mooooooommmmm" I yelled. Mom was immediately by my side.

"She has a temperature." Mom said touching my mate's forehead.

"Linda, get the pack doctor." mom yelled to the omega who was outside my room.

The doctor examined her and said it's stress. She would be fine in no time. I cuddled my mate and caressed her.
I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

Niya's POV

It has been 3 days since my breakdown. The reason is still unclear.

I am living at the palace with Derek but not in his room. I have my own room which is obviously too big for me with hundreds of dresses, footwear for me. There are all different kinds of makeup items. I don't even know the names of many. Perfumes, jewelers, accessories, you name it and you'll find it in my room. My bathroom is huge with a large bathtub shower and has a dressing area. All thanks to Derek's mom. She has personally decorated the room for me. She always wanted a daughter but she didn't have the chance. . So she considers me as her daughter and has decided she is going to spoil me with her love. I do call her mother when we are alone.

Mark said it's because I am using too much of my magic. So I have restricted my magic to three spells a day and 5 spells if it's a life-threatening situation. Derek did not mention what I said to him in the meadow yet and I am glad to keep it that way.

Derek and I have started hanging out more. Not to mention he has his coronation this week. The king has finally agreed that it's the right time to pass down his title. He wants me to rule by Derek's side but I am not taking things fast this time.

I can't repeat my mistakes. I have accepted Derek as my mate but I am not jumping to any conclusions. Not this soon. He is going to announce to his pack that we are mates on his coronation.

Big news first. The Queen of all werewolves. She would be attending Derek's coronation. So we are here trying our best to impress the queen. There are 16 alpha's on this continent excluding Mark and Derek and they have territories beyond Mark's and Derek's pack lands. Even though those alphas have a smaller pack and small pack lands compared to ours they still are powerful. They will consider Derek as their king once he takes the throne.

Everyone is here and helping to make the place look at its best. After all, the queen of their species is going to visit for the very first time. Wait queen of our species to be specific. Why do I keep forgetting I am a wolf?

One day. Just one day! Tomorrow is the coronation. I am excited, thrilled, and also afraid. It's going to be a big day for my mate.

"Nervous?" Derek asked me as he hugged me from behind.

"I should be the one asking you this" I chuckled.

"Why would I be nervous when I have a beautiful mate by my side. I am already the King. I don't need the crown to prove it because my queen is right next to me" he said playing with my hair.

"Ten on ten for your flirting skills" I laughed.

"No, I am serious. Let's ditch the coronation and we'll elope"

"Derek. I am just your mate, not even your girlfriend yet" I said a bit seriously.

"Watch me make you my wife" he smirked.

I roll my eyes and decide to do a final check for everything.

Derek and I decided to take a run in the wild. We have been growing closer. I do love him but I am scared to admit it.

Mark has met the queen several times and in his opinion, she is very particular about little things. We don't want her to get offended by anything. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.