01 Unwanted

It had been 5 years since my sister was murdered.

5 years since I've devoted my life to killing the vampire who took my sister away from me. I will die trying to avenge Charlie.

"Vampires are getting stronger every day." He spoke, grabbing my hand, he pulled me up from the muddy ground.

Kick.
Sweat clung to my clothes, glueing my thin top to my chest. "We should train more," I grunted.

Dodge.
My breathing heavy. "You're never going to beat a vampire. You're too slow."

Punch- A familiar fist hit my face, forcing me to lose my balance, falling to the floor. "Thanks," I mumbled, cradling my sweaty face; letting my body fall onto the moist grass.

"Your getting worse, Dawn."My brother sighed as he threw a stone at me, hitting me between the eyes.

"Ow! Hunter!"I threw it back but he simply caught it. I had to block the sun from my eyes as I looked up at him.

"Again." He wiped my blood from his knuckles.

"No! You're going to kill me if you're not careful," I uttered under my breath, ignoring the thumping pain in my cheek, brushing aside the sizeable amount of blood staining the grass.

"Dawn, the vampires are going to attack soon, I know it." He muttered anger laced within his voice, his thin, pale arms were crossed, as he looked down upon me as if he was a disappointed parent.

"You're too serious, my beautiful brother," Closing my eyes, I let the sun soak into my skin. I tried to ignore the vampire memories threatening to resurface.

He growled lowly, I could hear his inner wolf coming out. "Dawn." I would've rolled my eyes, but I knew better than that, my brother gets seriously angry if you talk back to him, or ignore him, or do anything around him that he dislikes, honestly. "DAWN!" Snapping my eyes open shock at the angry voice, I realised it was only my brother and my lips curled into a smile."Get the hell up." He growled.

Rolling my eyes, I stood up. "Of course my beta," I bowed mockingly, smirking as I teased him. His lips finally fell into a small smile as he circled me again.

"Don't fill Hunter's ego anymore than it is, hun," My mum's sweet voice filled my ears. "He's not a Beta yet," Looking towards her, I saw her wearing a long white dress, her thick, auburn hair fell into perfect curls onto her shoulders. Her smile fell as she looked at me. "HUNTER SHARDS!" Her voice boomed. "What the hell have you done to my baby girl!" She ran over to me, pulling her dress up a little. Her hands held my chin as she turned my head, looking at my face from every angle, trying to find other injuries.

My brother rolled his eyes at her dramatics. "Mom it's the only way she's gonna-"

"If you have forgotten Hunter. My baby girl is human she-"

"She is harmed easier than a wolf. I know, I know." Hunter groaned, finishing off her sentence. "It's not like you tell me every time I hurt her or anything," He fell onto the grass, his breath not affected, whereas I was still catching my breath.

"I'm fine, mum" I laughed, pulled her from me, she stook to me like velcro sometimes.

My mom turned to my brother I saw a few wrinkles on her forehead, she looked stressed."Please can you just stop training for a while? There is no reason to train, we aren't in danger okay?"

I shook my head at her obstinance. None of us spoke, all of us knew how much of a threat the vampires pose, though none of us liked to voice it aloud. My father entered the training area. "Son, you will listen to your mother," The atmosphere turned tense as he stood next to my mother.