41 Battle

We weren't prepared.

Running onto the battlefield, I didn't wait and watch Grayons wolf climb onto another, biting their shoulder. Running further into the battlefield, I forced a spell of protection over my body, deep blue gas surrounded the steaks, using my magic to throw them great distances, striking the vampire's hearts.

My mind was already growing weak, a few hours later- my mind needed a break, I had resorted to using the steaks littering the floor and piercing their black hearts. Making sure to use my magic for healing my broken body and desperately trying to help the surrounding wolves. Pushing the stake deeper into the vamp in front of me, I felt it pierce his heart, the familiar squish filled the air as I pulled it back out, he fell to the ground with a thump.

Looking around the warzone, I saw the heard of vampires thinning out, only a few more hundred remained, we will win this battle. Looking around, I saw major losses from my new pack, my old pack, I saw familiar faces on the ground. I just hoped that the battles down south were going smoothly, though Noah had told us only a few vampires were headed there. I was unable to see Grayson on the battlefield, the only reason why I was calm, as I could feel his bond within my brain, tugging on it slightly. We felt each other pain, we shared our strength, helping both of us.

"DAWN!" I heard someone scream- a familiar voice. Turning around, I was face to face with a vampire, clutching the stake within my hand, I pressed it within this chest with no hesitation, though he got to me quicker, his fangs sinking into my neck- I cursed, my magic surrounding me like a second skin, trying to claw the vicious vampire from me. After a few seconds, the vampire fell onto me, I soon realised he was dead, a steak poking out of his chest, the tip of the stake grazing my chest.

Groaning, I pushed his limp body from me, revealing my brother gasping for air his hands on his knees as he kneeled over, gaining his breath. "You're okay?" He gasped.

I pressed my hand over my vampire bite. "Course I am," I spoke, my hand clamping over his shoulder. "Let's go back to the bunkers," I spoke, grasping his arm, looking around, I saw only around a hundred vampires left. Some were running back. A small smile graced my face. We had won.

Are you okay?

I am

I didn't want to distract my mate for one second, though I couldn't help but sigh with relief as I heard his deep voice infiltrate my mind. My brother and I jogged across the battlefield. My weak magic protecting us- as well as healing me.

"I'm so sorry." My brother spoke, pouring himself a whisky as soon as we reached our army tents. We poured me one too. "I should not have said those things when I found out what you were."

"I only have one sister. She is not in this room."

His words spiralled within me as I watched him, the scars over his face, his ruffled hair, his guarded neck, wrists. "I don't care if you're a witch. You have always been my sister Dawn. You always will be."

"Thank you for saving me." I dismissed his apology, as much as his words have hurt me previously, I knew deep down he would accept me in the end. We were siblings after all.

"I made a promise to protect both you and Bailey with my life. I will continue to so that until all of the blood has been drained from my body."

"Me too, brother," We held out glasses up, a silent toast.

"Me too." My sister strode in the barrack, blood covered every inch of her, she wiped the space around her eyes, her mouth, a small piece of her normal coloured skin shone through.

"I'm glad your okay," I shared a hug with her, squeezing her hard. She returned it, moving to hug my brother.

"This battles over now. Though our scouts have found out that there's been another mass of vampires. They're making their way here,"

"How long will it take them?"

"4 days at the most." Franky strode into the tent, limping slightly. "We have barely enough time to get ready, regenerate." He looked up at me, "Luna, what do we do?" Everyone looked at me, their leader.

I tipped my chin up, "-We will spend a night here, recuperate, mourn our losses and get ready for another battle," I slicked back my blood-filled hair, "We will ask for more soldiers, gods knows we need them,"