27 The Balcony

I slipped into my dress, it was a long, thin fabric, it clung to my breasts, hips and it flowed down my thighs, ending just above my shoes, There was a slit in my dress, it crawled up to my thigh, which showed my leather thigh strap holding a sharp stake. The dress was royal blue, I had paired it with the necklace Jacob made me and some white heels. I had braided my hair, it started at one side of my head, braided all the way to the other, where it fell on my shoulder. I also had a few loose pieces framing my face, which were curled.

Walking down the stairs, I already saw Grayson staring at me, in his dress pants and white shirt. "Hey guys," I smiled at Franky and Emerald also Brayson, the descendent of the fire element.

"Y'all ready to party!" Emerald called out, practically running out the door, eloping her hand in Franky's. Brayson exited with them.

I smiled at Grayson's outstretched hand. "You look beautiful," He spoke, "The colour blue suits you,"

"Thank you," I ran my eye over his outfit, "You don't look terrible,"

"Charming," He laughed, walking with me out the door and into the town. Lights were glowing everywhere, I could hear the music in the distance, Emerald and Franky were already running towards it, Brayson a few paces behind them. The town was colder at night, my magic kept me at a warm temperature, I knew it was doing the same for Grayson too.

"Whats this festival for again?" I asked,

"5 years today, I became Alpha, so my pack like to throw me a festival, it's sort of a tradition,"

I nodded along. "Your own festival. How egotistical,". He looked away, not responding. "Hey," I asked, grabbing his hand, I shook it a little. "Loosen up, it was a joke," I hit him with my shoulder, keeping my hand interlocked with his as we walked further to the music.

People were drinking, dancing like there is no care in the world, smiling happily with their friends, lights were strung across the roofs, lighting up the area. "Come on," Grayson spoke, tugging my hand, he pulled me into a building and we climbed the stairs, making our way to the balcony. It overlooked all of the people.

"This is the one night of the year," he spoke, bending down behind me to mutter in my ear, "that I get to watch my people be happy, I get to watch my friends forget about the war beginning and the possibility of vampire's taking over," He sighed, "and just letting go, to forget and forgive,"

I turned around, our faces were so close. Closing my eyes, I summoned two glasses of champagne for us, I held it in the air, "Let us have infinite days as happy as this one," I smiled, clicking my drink with his, before us both taking a sip. "Dance with me Mr Alpha?" I asked, grasping his hand.

"Of course, love," He smiled, grasping my hand and grasping my waist. I placed my head on his chest, letting him sway us back and forth. I could hear Emeralds laugh in the distance.

"I have something to tell you," I said as I twirled to the music my skirt lifting up, swaying with me, he quickly brought me back into his embrace. My witches mark on my arm burned as if It knew what I was going to say.

"Tell me tomorrow," He mumbled into my hair. I sighed and nodded. My witches mark stopped burning.

As the song stopped, another had come to replace it, a slower song. Licking his lips, Grayson wrapped his hands around my waist, I lifted my chin up, wrapping my hands around his neck. Our eyes connected, his eyes were so clear, I could see all of his emotions running through his mind, our bond tightened. At one moment, we had completely stopped swaying, interlocked in our gaze. My hands moved to his face as we both closed the gap between us.

This kiss was different from the one on the roof, our lips danced in synchrony, communicating our feeling for one another, in a way no words could. The slow song stopped, a fast-paced one took its place. Grayson grabbed my hair, pulling me close into the kiss, I pushed myself against him, wanting his warmth, his pleasure. He tugged on my hair, letting a groan fall from my lips.

He slammed me against the brick wall, his hands moving from my hair to my breasts, grabbing one and squeezing. Quiet moans slipped from me. My bareback grazed the wall, as I jumped onto Grayson, my bare thighs wrapping around him, my dress rode up. His kisses flew down my neck, nibbling on it for a moment. "Fuck," I mumbled, "Grayson," I moaned, my head flying back, he held my arching back, I let him have my exposed body. His rough hands squeezed my waist, his hands rode up my thighs, his claws were exposing, leaving trails of blood running down my thighs, My magic trailed the blood, the tingling sensation of my wounds closing made me squeeze my thighs around Grayson further.

Grayson growled, biting down harder on my neck. He mumbled as his tongue travelled between the valley of my breasts."Fuck Dawn." My hips buckled as he tilted his head back, biting his lip as he let the wind calm down his face. His skin glowed under the moonlight. I wanted to be closer to him, my mouth kissing his neck, biting onto his collar bone sucking the spot that made him squirm.

"We need to stop," I mumbled, letting myself fall against the wall again, we both caught our breaths he grabbed onto my thighs harder.

"Why?" He whined, still breathless.

"I'm not having sex on a balcony overlooking your pack," I laughed, looking into his hungry eyes. "Come on," I mumbled, kissing him, "Let's go dance with your pack," He let go of me, I fixed my dress.

"Our pack," He corrected, fixing his collar and hair. He grasped my hand, we walked down to the party.

Emerald ran up to us, obviously extremely drunk, and she led both Grayson and me to dance.

But one question burnt on my mind as we danced with our friends.

How can I save both my family and my mate?