04 Witches Mark

Moving my legs quicker, I wrapped my jacket closer to my body, trying to block out the cold morning wind. I had to be quick, looking at my phone, it was 6:20 am. "It must be around here somewhere," I mumbled, looking around the darker parts of the forest. I walked into a clearing, I'm sure this is where it was. "Carolina! Where are you?" After no reply, I began walking further into the dangerous section of the pack, where most homeless wolves were. The sun didn't seem to reach this part of the woods, the dense canopy blocking its way. "Carolina, I'm here to make a deal with you," I shouted again.

A dense, green smog surrounded my feet, it seemed to be pulling me away from the forest, in the direction that I had come. Following the smog, it pulled me back to the clearing, which now had a small, ancient cabin in the middle of it. Carolina's house was just like all of the gossip spoke of. Reluctantly, I walked towards it, the dull mist now fell from my feet.

There are few witches in the world, most of them had been killed long ago, however, most now lay in secret, scared to showcase themselves as most people wouldn't have a second thought of killing them. They never use their powers. They could heal people, end world hunger, bring world peace, but no, the children of satan want evil, they want war, they're despicable. I've never met a witch in my life, my mother always told me that a beta should never have to stoop as low as to have a conversation with a witch.

Taking a deep breath in, knocked onto the door, it groaned under my heavy hand, it was covered in a thick smog as it opened. Inside, was a grand mansion, witches could do that, they could make entire houses with the click of their fingers, fix illnesses, yet the selfish creatures decide to build their own mansions, disguising it as an old cottage on the outside.

To my left, was a vacuum covered in the smog, telling me that it was being controlled by magic. "Carolina." My voice was thick, heavy, the layer of smog contaminating my throat.

"Is that Dawn Shards I see?" Turning to my right, I saw Carolina walking towards me, "Ah, two visits from the Beta family in one week, I must be getting popular," Her lips twisted into an inhumane smile.

"I know all about my parent's visits, that's why I am here today," I straightened my back, trying not to grimace at her lack of teeth.

"You're scared I will remove the memory of you from your family when you leave," She spoke.

"How did you know that?" I asked, getting a little nervous.

A sick crackle exited her throat. "I'm a witch darling." She sat down, on a rather comfortable looking purple couch. "I could remove your 23 years on this earth, every photo, every memory. You would be a lonely soul wandering the earth-"

"Stop with the dramatics already. I know what evil you planned to do, I don't doubt you could wipe my very existence."

"Well then, young witch, -"

"I'm no witch," I bared my teeth at her, how dare she mistake me for someone of her kind.

She blinked, still as a statue for a moment. A wicked smile fell onto her face. "Ah, never mind then young human... Tell Simon I say hello," a cup of tea floated over to her. I didn't have a chance to ponder over her weird words"What is your existence worth to you?"

Sighing, I wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. "If you refrain from taking my families memory... I will be indebted to you," I hated the words as soon as they left my mouth, the wicked woman forced a smile onto her face.

"What a wonderful offer," Within a second, she was at my side, a knife in her hand, she carved a symbol into my arm, blood trickling down my hand. Within a moment, it was over, she had carved the witch symbol into my arm. She then proceeded to catch my blood in a tube. "Now you're indebted to me. I'll call you for a favour, if you don't complete it, I'll open that wound," She pointed to the witches symbol, which has now scarred over, in a matter of seconds. "And I'll bleed you dry," She uttered.