31 Their Luna

I rummaged further into the woods. I knew it was dangerous. I knew I shouldn't be out here. Especially when I had great pain in between my legs. I bit my lip as I brought my thoughts back to last night, my name passing through his lips, my legs wrapped around his waist and his head. The friction of him moving in and outside of me, his dominance, his power, it was my ecstasy. We barely had any sleep. I think he took me on every piece of furniture in that house, my body shivered as I heard a low growl- pulling me from my daydream.

My hand quickly found the dagger placed at my waist, my magic already bubbling under my skin as I followed the sound, peering into a clearing, I saw a brown rouge wolf covered in dry blood standing over a human girl, she looked terrified, there was another girl on the floor, she looked as if she had been knocked over, nearly crying as she watched her friend, helpless. My magic ached- needing to be used. Running into the clearing, I used my hand, pouring water over the wolf, a mix of water and wind pushing to the other side of the clearing, into a tree.

Turning to the girls, I saw the 2nd girl helping the 1st up, she nodded gratefully at me before limping away with her friend. Turning around, I saw the wolf barreling towards me, I lifted it into the air, choking it, attacking it with my boiling water scalding his body. I was unaware of the other wolf running towards me until it tackled me to the ground- we rolled for a few moments, I was underneath it, my entire body screaming out in pain, though I grabbed my knife, slitting it into the stomach, the rogue wolf took a large bite out of my shoulder, before I stabbed it in the eye, twisting my knife till I heard a satisfying pop, I drew another slash into its stomach, organs falling onto my body. The man turned into a human on top of me, I pushed him off of me. Noticing that the other rogue wolf had also turned into a man again. They were close to death, I hesitated for a moment, before taking my knife out of his eye.

I had to check if the girl is okay.

Stumbling, I noticed I had also been bit in the leg. My magic spiralled around me, though, it was weak, and the wounds were too deep, an elf will need to fix this. I walked in the direction where the girls left.

2 boys were with them now. "What the fuck were you thinking!"A boy which I recognized as the Alpha of a pack nearby, I think he was called Enzo. He stood tall over the human.

"There was a witch! She saved us!" The human spoke grabbing her human friend. His second in command had a knife to my throat before I could even take another step. I expected nothing less, this was the alpha of the Salutem Pack.

The group fell silent looking at me in awe, every inch of my was covered in blood, I had no idea which parts were mine and which parts were wolf blood. "Will she be okay?" I spoke, the knife still against my throat.

"Release her." Enzo, the alpha spoke, his second in command released him with no questions asked. "You're Alpha Grayson's mate." I kept his gaze. I didn't care if Lunas were inferior to Alphas. I didn't care.

"I am Luna Dawn. I am my own person."

He did the unexpected. He dropped to one knee. "You saved my mate. I will be eternally grateful." He spoke, the second in command did the same. Seconds later, I heard a growl behind me, turning, I saw my mates wolf, the darkness of his eyes scared me as he took in the blood scattered over my body.

I turned back to the men, who were now stood. Enzo's mate was at his side. "Your pack will always be welcome in the Salutem Pack," She spoke confidently. I smiled, taking a deep bow, beginning to feel faint from my wounds.

"Thank you, Luna, Alpha," I also nodded to the second in command.

"I'm afraid I must cut this gathering short," Grayson's voice spoke, "My mate is deeply injured," Grayson wrapped an arm around my waist, his arm sending butterflies in my body.

We bid goodbye before Grayson and I walked back to the cottage.

"That was dangerous," Grayson growled, his chest shaking. "Where the hell are the elves?"

"We don't have any" I spoke softly- well, as softly as I could with Grayson cleaning my wounds. My magic assisting him.

Graysons eyebrows furrow as he looked at me. It took all of my strength not to kiss him. Our bond has grown exponentially since last night. "You don't have elves?" He asked again, horror written over his face, "How do you heal?"

"Doctors," I shrugged, instantly regretting it as pain burst in my shoulder. "I didn't know elves existed before visiting your pack," I hissed as Grayson pressed a little too hard in my wounds. Grayson sighed, before grabbing some more medical supplies, his fingers worked quickly, skillfully working his hands as if he had done this a million times- he probably has.

"I'm glad we are now allies with Salutem" He began wrapping my shoulder and thigh. Once he had finished, he kept his eyes firmly on my nose. "I owe you an apology," He spoke. "I should never have let the alphas speak you in such a matter," I knew what he was speaking about, the sexist alphas whom he had many meetings with, passive-aggressive comments flying from their mouths. His claws threatening to release themselves on my skin I cupped his face, he leaned into my touch, his anger dispersing. "Sit beside me in the meeting." He spoke- looking into my eyes.

"What?" I took my hands from his face. "Lunas don't partici-"

"Bailey was right," now he took my face into his hands, "You will not be my trophy wife. You are destined to be the Luna of the Timor pack. It's written in the stars. You are just as strong as I," He watched the blue must cover my wounds, infiltrating my skin, slowly healing me. "Maybe even stronger," A smile- a real smile fell onto his lips, he wore two dimples in his checks.

"The other alphas will dislike this,"

"Fuck them."

"Grayson I am a witch, what if-"

"1st rule of becoming the leader of a pack," He softly grasped my hand, we both stood, "Don't let your fear control you. Fear is necessary." He planted a soft kiss onto my forehead. "It sharpens your decision-making skills. But if you let it consume you. You will fail." He spoke as if he had recited the very words over and over in his head.

I swallowed the bile rising in my throat. My thoughts turned to Alpha Brayson. He was a witch- a descendent of the fire element. If he could do it, why couldn't I? "Sit beside me," He spoke again, pressing a kiss to my forehead. 

I mirrored my mate's smile as I stood tall. Beside. Now under, not behind. Beside. We are equals. We rule over this pack together. Side by side. 

 "When is this meeting?"