33 Jasmine

The entire drive home from my old pack to the Timor pack, I didn't speak. Anger and resentment in my mind. Emerald had crawled into my mind, showed me Grayson having sex with other women. Why? Was she an old lover of his, and she didn't want him to have a mate, didn't want to share her man? Why did she want to scare me off and hurt me?

I thought we were friends, did she hate me so much, she wanted to see me in pain? I wish I could kill her. She's the daughter of Coralina? The evil witch who started all of this? If it wasn't for her, I'd be at home with Hunter and mum and Jacob, I  wouldn't be a witch with a wolf mate, fighting against vampires. I wouldn't be any of this. I'd be with Jacob.

Jacob. I didn't even visit him whilst I was at my pack, who am I? Since when did I become so selfish that I believed other matters were more important then Jacob. I've changed so much from the girl who pushed over Bailey in pack meetings and yawns at Hunter's Beta duties. Now I am a part of his duties, I am the person who he has to meet with, argue with. I am a major part of this war, one of the factors that will lead us to victory or to failure. 

I knew one thing for sure. I needed to get all of the 4 descendants together, I had been reading about it, apparently, all 4 descendants join and create a vast power that can wipe out all of the vampires, I already am great friends with Brayson, descendent of the fire element thought I need the other two, they're an older couple who live in the coven together. I need them to win the war, I must write them a letter then I get home. 

Home. Home is now with Grayson, it is no longer with my family where I wish it to be. My family now hates me, I'm pretty sure my father already did, though my mother? I cant believe she would let something as small as witchery gets between us, I believed our bond was unbreakable. 

Before I knew it, Grayson had grasped my arm and we were walking into the pack house together, the pack house? Looking around, I saw many alphas and Lunas inside the pack hall, all wearing glittering gowns and suits, when did this happen? Looking down, I'm glad I overdressed for the pack meeting with my bother, this black dress stood out amongst the crowd, and that is what I am to do, stand out. 

"Grayson, what is going on?" I whispered to him, grasping a champagne glass, it was getting dark outside, how long had this function been going on without us?

"I invited them all here, we need to make allies for this war, we already have 2 pack on out side, we need them all," Grayson uttered in my ear. 

I sighed, finishing my champagne and getting another, I was so drained from Hunter's obstinance to my witchery, the never-ending train of thoughts keeps circling around my head and I cannot fathom slapping on a smile and creating allies. But it is what a Luna must do. 

Smiling, I felt Grayson stiffen beside me as a couple came. There was a women, wearing more makeup than I own, her red hair pulled up to a bun behind her head and she wore a skin-tight, pink gown with white fur wrapped around her shoulders. Next to her, was Geradide, alpha of the Broad Sheild Pack.

Geradide. My stomach dropped, this must make the woman his wife, his wife Jasmine. Grayson's ex. Squeezing Grayson's bicep a little, I turned my attention toward Geradide. "Alpha, it's so wonderful to meet you, I've been wanting to for a while now," I held my hand out to share it. 

"Ah, Alpha Grayson's mate, it's lovely to meet you," He returned my handshake, a pleasant smile on his face. 

"It's Dawn, Dawn Shards,"

"Dawn, it's a pleasure, call me Geradide,"

"Hello Dawn, I see no ring on your finger, where's your huge diamond?" Jasmine spoke from beside Geradide, I turned to her, her gaze was solely on Grayson, I didn't even need to reach to the mate bond to see what he must be feeling, even I was uncomfortable with her deadly stare.