28 We're All A Little Crazy

I created the magic vacuum, it took a lot of my magic away from me, taking a lot of strength to keep it up, though I kept practising, forming water at a moments notice every chance I got, Emerald teaching me new spells every other day, my mind was riddled with spells and magic, my body was drained. However, I noticed my magic tolerance and strength growing every day.

Every other day, Grayson had a pack meeting, I wasn't afraid to speak my mind, tell them all how sexist they are. Grayson invited me to some of the meetings, I sat through some, speaking to Brayson often playing a little with the magic and fire. We had noticed that our magic combines, creating one powerful unit. I could only imagine what type of strength the 4 descendants created.

.-.-.

Within my bedroom, I was emailing Brayson, talking about random matters. My magic vacuum was up, and water was twirling around me, my mind effortlessly whipping it around.

"Dawn," Grayson entered the study. My vacuum dropped, my water evaporated.

"Grayson." I did not look up from the computer, we haven't spoken lately, not since the balcony. The waft of alcohol hit me, hitting my nose. "You're drunk," I spoke, keeping my eyes down they wandered to the date. I had one week to kill Coralina, my jaw clenched.

"Dawn," He mumbled again, stumbling into the desk.

"Hey!" I grabbed my computer from falling over, "What do you want Grayson!" I spoke, loud and clear.

"I wanna tell you about my scars," He mumbled, nearly falling over. Standing up, I steadied him.

"No you don't, you're drunk, you will regret it," I wrapped my arm around his waist. "Let's get you to bed," I mumbled, it was already dark out, I hadn't noticed. He kept on mumbling nonsense as we reached our bed, sharing a bed has not been as bad as I thought, he kept to his side, and I kept to mine. The house still has not been furnished, we've been too busy. "I'm rich." He mumbled. "So rich I could rule the entire world- like... like Jesus,"

He rambled, "We could rule the world Dawn," He brought high hands in a circular motion, then he began laughing, his deep laugh filled the room as he took off his shirt, sitting in bed. He looked at me again, new appreciation in his eyes, He moved on from puns to pickup lines "Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?" He asked me, a serious look on my face.

"Gra-"

"Can you feel this, it's so soft," He threw his shirt at me, "it's because it's boyfriend material," He winked.

"Fuck me," I mumbled under my breath, laughing a little bit.

"Yes," he spoke, very seriously, nodding as if he had just accepted to go into the army. "Yes, I will, only because you asked so nicely," He ruffled his hair. How much had he had to drink? He's never been this wasted before.

Rolling my eyes, I began to get into bed. "WOW!" Grayson jumped off the other side of the bed. "No! What are you doing! I have a mate!" He cried, getting up off the ground. "I'm not sleeping with you! No matter how pretty you are!"

Raising my eyebrow, I looked at Grayson, he was nowhere near the man who had been in the meetings hours ago. "Grayson, I am you mate, come to bed," He shook his head defiantly.

Closing my eyes, I thought back to the spell that Emerald cast on me, removing the drunk effects from my body for a few hours. I cast it onto him. His cloudy gas immediately cleared as he shook his head. "Dawn?" He asked, "How did you do that."

"Magic can do a lot," I spoke under my breath as I watched him walk to his side of the bed.

"Sorry, I don't know why I acted like that."He turned away from me immediately, I swear, I could have seen his face was a slight pink.

"Probably the alcohol," I sniggered. Though my bright mood paused when I saw his back, littered with scars. My entire body went cold. He had been wearing shirts to bed lately, I hadn't seen them in a while.

As is he could feel my eyes piercing his skin, he spoke, pointing to one on his shoulder blade. "This is when my Jasmine cut me with a broken plate," He pointed to another, "When she cut into my skin with her claws... When she ripped off my skin with her teeth... When she slashed my stomach open with a knife..." He went on, describing all of the scars, I listened in silence, the hole growing deeper in my stomach, feeling even sicker by the minute.

After a few minutes, he finally finished. "I'm sorry that happened to you," I spoke, my voice raspy. "Nobody deserves to live through that. Especially you." Guilt clouded my vision. That's why he looked so scared, that night my magic tied him to the wall, a blade pressed into his stomach. "Holy shit I'm so-"

"You didn't know," He spoke, cutting me off before I could say anything.

I shook my head, guilt settling deep into my stomach, "I should've known." I shook my head again, burying my head into my hands. "I'm sorry, I should have never put a knife to your body,"

I saw him shake his head, before getting into bed. "Shouldn't she be punish-"

"She didn't hurt me at first. We were an arranged marriage, supposed to align forces with her pack. When I heard that she slept with another wolf... I stabbed him in the stomach. Right in front of her." He ran a thumb over the scar on his stomach. "She punished me for killing the love of her life ever since, by hurting me like I had hurt her," He sighed. "I shouldn't have killed him. I was young, angry, hormonal, the power of being alpha had gone to my head." He looked up at me. "Do you think I'm crazy?"

Licking my lips, I grabbed his hand, running my thumb over the veins. "We're all a little crazy... When did you end the engagement?"

"When she slit my throat when I was in wolf form." He growled, fire running to his eyes. "My wolf was so hurt, nearly dead, he didn't resurface for years and years," He looked up to me. "The first time he spoke to me was when I first saw you," he shook his head, "you stormed in, unlike all of the other girls in big, expensive ballgowns, you were there, in a simple dress, barefooted, covered to your waist in mud." a small smile covered his lips.

The words took my breath away. "...Is he there now?" Grayson nodded.

"You will never understand how lonely, how empty I felt when I had no wolf. I got so scared by his awakening, I kissed Belle, then I slept with any girl I saw when you were injured, I wanted him to go back to the hole where he came, I felt betrayed by my own consciences." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "I'm definitely crazy,"

"Yeah, maybe just a little," I smiled, "But we're all a little crazy,"