02 Alpha Grayson

"I made a deal with Alpha Grayson" Gasps filled the room. My eyes widened and my lips parted in shock.

"We're gonna die," I heard my sister mumble under her breath, all amusement in her voice fell. My body grew hot with anger.

"Why am I only hearing this now?"I turned to my father. He just continued to look straight ahead, my mother gave me an apologetic look, I huffed and fell back in my seat. "I hate this family," I mumbled. I can't believe they didn't tell me.

"Silence!"James, our alpha, shouted, the room fell quiet, a few whispers still roamed. "I accepted his demand to come here and take a wife! He-"

"Take a wife," I scoffed, folding my arms "Do we even have a say in it? We aren't objects you know," I found myself interrupting him. Everyone looked at me in shock, how dare the stupid human question the alpha? I bet they thought, or maybe they agreed with me.

My brother sniggered, "I'm sure no woman here would object to Grayson." He sighed, shifting in his seat a little as he licked his lips.

"What if the girl he chooses isn't into guys?" I asked, shrugging as I looked around the shocked faces in the room.

"Are you asking for yourself Dawn?" Bailey smiled, nudging me in the shoulder, I shook my head, smiling a little as my alpha carried on with his sexist speech, his wife stood pretty on the side, making no announcement herself.

My mother grabbed my arm softly, pulling me along to the exit. "Come walk with me, Dawn." She said as we walked towards the woods." I'm sorry we haven't been keeping you in the loop recently..."She trailed off, looking towards a certain point in the forest. The very point that had haunted my dreams for years. She ripped her gaze from it, continuing to walk to a bench, near the lake."Your father has brought up a... Few points. "

"What do you mean," I asked, getting a little frustrated with her long pauses.

She turned to me, teary-eyed. She encaged my hands in her sweaty palms."He believes it to be best if you-maybe."She looked onto the lake, not looking me in the eye. "Maybe if you took a trip to the human lands,"

I paused for a second, confused. "Wait, what?"

"It might be good for you Dawn! I-I mean you can find your parents-"

"You want me to go and look for the monsters who left me on your doorstep? They aren't my parents," I ripped my hands from hers, standing up from the bench. "They're cowards,"

My mom didn't seem affected by my meltdown, she only licked her lips and looked onto the lake batting tears away. She looked conflicted. "Mom, I'm not leaving the wolves! They're my family! What about Jacob!"

"Do you know Carolina?" My mother ignored my cries.

Crossing my arms, I shifted my weight onto my left leg. "Yes, of course, I know her." I hated that witch with a passion, no, actually I hated all witches with a passion

She looked down at her hands. Whispering under her breath. Before finally looking up. "Your father wants to put a spell on you. To erase your memory. "Her bottom lip quivered. "He wants to erase your memory of us- of wolves- of me." Tears fell from her large eyes.

I blinked. Once. Twice. 3 times. We looked at each other, not knowing what to say. "You need to leave now. Please don't forget me Dawny- please! You're my baby." She pulled me into a hug, cradling my head. "Please don't forget me, my child,"

I pulled my head from her, my entire body, still in shock. "Why? He wants to get rid of me?"

My mom looked torn, she pulled at her blonde hair, she looked as if this was torturing her. "They see you as a weak point. If the vampires get you. They have leverage. Please, darling, don't make this any harder than it already is-"