36 Coralina's Fate

I made sure to kiss Grayson goodbye.

I had proceeded to walk out of my pack, Brayson walked behind me. We drove to my old pack. I had instructed him on what we needed to do. "I need to kill a witch." I showed him my mark, the scar that displayed my rash and foolish decision to the world. I will never make the same mistake. "This debt puts alpha Grayson in danger," I said, It was all I could say, the mark made sure of it. Even speaking of it, it pulsed, enraged.

That's how Brayson and I found ourselves steps away from the cottage. She had expected us, putting her guards down, allowing us to go into her cottage. "This will be seen as an act of war," Brayson spoke from beside me, his hands grasping mine, our magic connecting instantly, doubling in strength.

"We are already in a war," I spoke, looking at the cottage door. "You don't have to do this. I will do it alone."

"And let you go against a century-old witch? You may be a descendent, but she is experienced." Brayson tugged my hand, walking closer.

"This debt will be broken one of two ways. Her death or mine. I will never bring a knife to my mate's throat again," guilty pooled in my stomach, fueled with anger. "Lets dance Carolina," I called out, knocking open the old door with my foot. We looked around the mansion, it was quiet. Too quiet. Her green smog was not even here. "Where is she?" I growled. A sense of doubt pooled within my stomach.

Brayson let go of my hand. "Something is not right here."

Grayson, you okay?

I had told him where I would be going today- to end a bet with a witch.

Grayson? I called through the bond, tugging on it a little.

"It's a trap," I whispered, almost to myself. Looking down at my arm, I saw, the mark, it looked almost like an eye. "She's been watching me..." My chest hallowed out. "She knew Grayson would be unprotected today." Brayson and I made eye contact. "We need to leave. Now." Brayson transformed before my eyes. I quickly made my way onto his wolf's large form, I was suddenly more thankful he was half-wolf, half-witch than I had ever been before, we couldn't teleport here, not such a vast distance. He took off, leaving the car, his wolf form was faster as he sprinted through the trees.

Our magic connected, speeding up his moving legs as the world looked smudged together on his back. Half wolf, half warlock was a powerful combination. We soon reached the lake, it takes another 3 or hours by car to drive around it. An inhuman like growl formed in my chest. That meant an hour in wolf form. "Run across it," I growled, gripping his fur, I saw his hesitation before jumping onto the lake, putting his trust into me. Using my powers, I turned the water beneath his paws to ice.

Quickly, I carved a path for him, and soon enough, we had crossed the lake within minutes.

We reached the pack within half an hour. Once we reached it, Brayson fell down onto the pack border, his bones shaking from tiredness. "Thank you," I spoke to Brayson, I had wanted him to help me in the battle with Coralina, however, I left him, sprinting across the pack, to my house- our house. I rang Franky, it had reached the voicemail. "I need you, you and Emerald. Now." I shouted into the phone, still moving my legs. "Meet me at my house. Now," I barreled through my front doors, throwing the phone to the ground.

"Coralina!" I screamed, my magic, floating to every inch of the house, trying to trace hers. I picked up on her scent, it leads outside. That's where I saw it. A mass crowd gathered all circled around 2 people. 1 witch. 1 wolf. Coralina shouted curse words to the crowd, she must have put a spell onto the crowd- there were hundreds- half of the pack must be here, though they were unmoving, her thick smog, including Franky.

Within the middle of the crowd, Grayson stood, his hands and legs were tied together by magic, he had cuts all over his body. It ignited my magic. "CORALINA!" I screamed, my rage unable to be contained, I needed to use my magic, I needed to kill her.

"Ah, Dawn-" She didn't get to finish her sentence, I had thrown her into the packhouse with a flick of my hand.

"How dare you touch my alpha," I growled, the entire ground shaking under my magic my power.

Coralina, teleported in front of Grayson- a power I had yet to master. "I see you've found your abilities, visited your fathers grave did you?" I didn't acknowledge her words.

Everyone in the crowd had stayed still upon my arrival, their eyes moving, watching me. "Dawn-" Grayson gasped as if he was drowning. I cast a spell over him, he slowly closed his eyes, falling asleep. No longer in pain, I sighed, relief flowing through me as I threw up a guard around him.

"You will never touch him again," I growled, dropping boiling water on her head, though, she avoided it in time. "Pity, I would've loved to smell your flesh boiling," I pouted, slowly making my way to her.

"You gained the descendant's powers," she uttered, in shock. I stalked her, as if she was my prey, my hand inching further and further to the knife strapped to my thigh. Her magic was stronger than mine, this, I knew, but I was stronger, physically.

She made her first move, blasting me with such magic I felt my own skin pulse under it, my organs shifting, the blood boiling. She's boiling my blood- no- no, she's extracting my magic. Her green smog entered my lungs, filling me up. I cried, falling to the floor.

I felt nothing but pain I would lose this battle. I could barely see, my own eyes felt as if the were going to pop from the pressure that was being placed on them, I felt them fall to the back of my head. I felt the magic leaving my body, it was as if it was pulling my organs, my blood cells out of my body, just like I had thrown up my guts within the dream. She was pulling my magic from every skin cell of my body, she would kill me in the process.

Then it just stopped.

My pain left my body, just like that, the smog was still around me but I no longer felt pain, I couldn't explain it, though I felt a faint whisper behind my ear, tickling my neck, I had recognised it. It sounded awfully like Jacobs deceased mother. 

Somehow, the knife was in my hand, I wasted no time in throwing it through the air, it landed in Coralina's eyeball. With a flick of my hand, boiling water fell on top of the witch- her screech faded as she fell to the ground, the smog covering everyone slowly dissipated, everyone ran to their alpha, guards carried Coralina and a few stragglers made their way to me, as I closed my eyes, I faintly saw Jacob's mother in the distance, watching over me, she was see-through, was it my imagination?