22 Cold Blooded Murder

"Dawny!" My 7-year-old sister, Charlie, shouted my name from the sandpit. I took my sunglasses off, not wanting there to be a tan line on my face.

Yeah?" I asked her as she ran over to me

"When are mummy and daddy coming back?" She asked, sitting on the edge of my lounge chair.

"Why? Do you hate my babysitting that much?" I laughed as I looked into her big, bright blue eyes.

"No!" She chewed on a piece of her long, blonde hair. Chuckling, I pulled the hair from her mouth.

"Do you want me to get you some ice cream?" I asked her. Her smile grew twice the size as she adjusted the oversized summer hat on her head. I poked her nose as I sat up from my sun lounger, "I'll go get you some more sun cream too," I stood up and made my way to the packhouse, we were on a little beach only a few meters away from the packhouse.

A few minutes later, I returned to the very spot, with 2 double chocolate ice creams in my hands. "Charlie?" I shouted, she was nowhere to be seen. "Have you seen Charlie?" I asked a little boy who she was playing with. But a scream ripped through the happy atmosphere, it was my sister. Dropping the ice cream, I sprinted faster than I ever have before, following the scream, I ran further into the forest, "Charlie!" I screamed when I saw a vampire hovering over her, I ran over to the vamp, pushing my legs to exhaustion, I've never been the athletic type. I jumped onto her disgusting little white body but she knocked me off of her instantly, flew through the air and hit a tree. "Charlie!" I screamed as I saw my baby sister murdered in front of me. I tried to stand up, but my body couldn't move. "CHARLIE!" I bellowed from the deepest pit in my stomach, her fragile body fell to the ground, I didn't stop screaming, it all happened too fast, my screams- cries- pain filled the clearing. The vamp began to move towards me, she looked like a distorted- sick- inhuman version of myself, she smirked as she saw my tears. I saw pack members coming, causing the vamp to run away, many followed the vamp. But-

I forced myself to wake up, tears streamed down my face, my sister's death was my fault. I remember that day, I vowed to my sister that I would be better, I forced myself to run every day and train so that one day I will eventually kill that vampire that got away. Anger filled me as I threw the closest thing to me, which was a clock, into the mirror. Glass was everywhere, sharp, glass.

Sucking in a breath, I sat on the floor, hugging my knees. I can't remember how long I sat there. Mourning my sister. But it was dark out when I finally uncurled from my ball. I was glad Grayson moved Scarlet from my room, I couldn't deal with her seeing me like this. 

"Bad day, Luna?" Turning around, I saw the vampire from months ago, sitting in the corner, his legs crossed, staring at me from a distance, like an animal. I grabbed one of the shards of glass, holding it in my hands protectively. "I'm here to get another taste," He winked, using his vampire speed to run in front of me. "I couldn't resist-" Without any hesitation, I swung the glass shard at him. He ran behind me, grabbing both of my hands and pulling them behind my back. Though I turned around, kneeing him in the dick, he let go of my hands, doubling over. I used this to cut his face with my glass.

Quickly, he grabbed my hand before I could cut him again, slamming me against a wall, pictures fell from the wall. I groaned in pain. "Ignorant little human," He sneered, his fangs appearing. I headbutted him, as he released me, I pushed him into the desk, making it split in two as he fell into it. I was suddenly grateful for my witch strength. I gasped for air, my lungs collapsing as I ran towards him, jumping on him.

He quickly turned us around, so he was on top, clenching his bony hands around my neck, he lifted me up, throwing me across the room into the bed frame, breaking it. I fell onto the bed, thinking my spine was broken. The vampire crawled on top of me, his face was beaten up real bad, he looked almost translucent. Grabbing my shoulder, he squeezed it, pressing his thump into a gash he had made. I felt my shoulder dislocate. I screamed, though it only seemed to urge him on. I was dizzy, spots clouded my vision. I saw him attract his fangs.

No. I can't let him nearly kill me again. What if I see Grayson fucking those girls again? I called to the magic which was violently bubbling under my skin. I thought of water, the water bubbling, I felt the magic burn in the deepest valley of my stomach, my legs, my throat. My heart began to burn, beating quicker than ever before as the vampire sucked me dry.

Grabbing his shoulder, he retracted from the touch, screeching louder than I ever had. His skin was bubbling, blistering where I had touched him. The blue mist covered my body, though, I stopped it from repairing me and manoeuvred it over to the vampire, who was now on the floor. The mist quickly travelled, I imagined the mist turning into water, boiling water. And it did. The water covered him, entering his mouth, scalding him, his body was steaming as I watched him turn to dust, as vampires did once they had died. I couldn't help but smile as I saw his ashes. I imagined them to be the woman who murdered my sister, and I felt at peace for a moment.

I felt the life slip from me, my magic dispersed, entering the earth once again. My eyes were closing. The last thing I saw was Franky running towards me, his mouth screaming at me, screaming orders.

I closed my eyes.