45 Blood Sweet Blood

Opening my eyes was a hard task. It was like pulling large, concrete slabs from my eyeballs. My limbs were stiff. Looking around the dark room, I could see every inch in the darkness, every outline. Grayson was lying in a chair next to me, his head had fallen on the bed, his hand lay next to mine.

"Drink, my highness" I heard someone say, looking to my left, I saw Noah, his head was bowed as he presented a glass to me, it was full with a deep red liquid, the smell alone was enough to wake my senses, my magic tingling. Without my permission, my arms moved, every bone in my body cracked as I grabbed the cup, bringing it to my lips, I drank it as if it was air and I was deep underwater. I immediately felt better, my dry throat was quenched and I felt more.. Alive.

The memories came back

My mother, the war, Jacob... Oh Jacob... "Jacob?" I looked at him, hope spilling in my eyes. Noah shook his head timidly. I let out a short breath. "How am I alive?" I asked, well, whispered. My body felt cold as I looked back at my skin, it was pale, paler than before. Panicking, I reached into my mouth. 2 fangs. "My mom was a vampire," I whispered. "Holy fuck." I've become the two species I hated. A vampire and a witch. Looking back at the cup I had just drunk out of. The red liquid. Holy fuck! My mom, my real mom was a vampire, if you have vampire blood running through your system, when you die you become a... holy shit.

I used my magic to grasp a pan from across the room, vomiting into it. "I'm a vampire!" I spoke louder, disbelief clear in my voice. I pushed the tears back.. "How long have I been asleep?" I threw up again.

"A few days, turning into a vampire takes time." I threw up again. "Your highness, look at me," Ignoring the nickname, I looked at him. "You're a half-vampire, half-witch,"

"What does that mean?" I looked for comfort in his eyes, I found none.

"You have magic, like a witch. You have fast speed, fangs and immortality like a vampire-"

"Immortality," I echoed, looking at Grayson. I could live with Grayson. Neither of us will grow old.

"Yes, you drink both blood and food."

"I see," I spoke softly, reaching to touch Grayson.

"He had a long day, my lady, he hasn't slept in a few days," He paused for a moment. "How about we get you cleaned up before we wake him,"

I nodded, taking his hand, I let him lead me out the room.

.-.-..--.

A few hours later, many tests later, I realised we were in Grayson's pack. I had gotten into the shower on my own, washing my body and brushing my teeth. After eating, I made my way back to the dark room, drawing the curtains, I let light bleed into the room and settled back onto the bed before falling back into a deep sleep.

Moaning, I woke up, I felt the light on me, a hand ran through my hair, Grayson's body was pressed against my back, moaning a little more, I grasped his hand, squeezing it a little before I turned around opening my eyes, seeing his gaze penetrating mine. "Good morin-" His lips were on mine, his hands caressed my body my magic tingled, excited. Smiling, I quickly got up, sitting on him. Wait. We both stared at each other, shock written in our expression. Did I just use vampire speed?

Grayson looked up at me again, expecting disgust, rather, I found love. "That was sexy," He spoke, grasping my back, he pulled my flush to him, kissing me once more. "You don't know how much I missed you," He murmured into my lips. He moved to my neck. "You don't know how scared I saw. I felt the bond just... Break,"

"I'm here now," I whimpered, grinding onto him.

"Yes you are, my love," He kissed me again. "I love you. I'm so sorry I didn't say it sooner," I returned his kiss.

I pulled him away from me, sitting up straight. "Why did Noah keep calling me 'your highness'"

Grayson growled, flipping me over, so I was underneath him. "You will not speak another man's name when you're in bed," I bit my lips, nodding, I kissed him harder.

.-.-..-.

"You look beautiful Dawn," Emerald smiled as she looked at me. I was wearing a pitch-black dress, the same type of black that the 3 descendants and I created. It had a deep v-neck and a high slit in the leg. I wore black heels, my hair fell down my back, it had grown to my shoulders with only a few hairpins so it kept away from my face. I wore no jewellery, except the necklace, the necklace that Jacob had made me, the thin, flimsy piece of string decorated with lego and glitter

"I forgive you Em," I spoke to her, meeting her eyes through the mirror. We shared a few unspoken words, words of forgiveness, of sadness and a little bit of fear. I forgave her for crawling into my mind, she forgave me for almost killing her. She gave me an appreciative smile.

She walked over to me, linking her arm with mine. "I'm sorry about Jacob." I pang of hurt hit my chest, though I kept walking, saying nothing. His birthday was in a week. Emerald then gave me to Grayson who grasped my hand, scared to let go. We then made out way to the pack building. My first public sighting since the war, since I became a vampire. I would do it with my mate.