37 War Is Here

I woke with Grayson by my side, he was sat on a stool, staring at my hand, he hadn't even noticed I had woken until I shifted. His eyes snapped to mine, within a moment, I was in his arms, my lips slammed onto mine. I didn't allow him to enter my mouth- I'm sure I had disgusting breath. "Good morning to you," I jokingly murmured. Pulling myself away from him, I inspected his injuries, his bruises and cuts, I winced, taking his face into my hands. "Let me heal them,"

He shook his head, "I one told you to wear your injuries with pride, and I will do the same," He kissed me again. "Why didn't you tell me you were indebted to a witch?"

"I couldn't, the mark wouldn't have allowed it," I murmured onto his lips.

Pulling away, he looked at me, "If you could have, would you?" He asked, my hesitation gave him his answer. "You don't trust me." It was a statement, not a question.

"No. I do," I spoke softly, "But you've given me millions of reasons why I shouldn't," He sighed, wrapping his arm around my waist. He didn't say a word, only staring at the necklace Jacob had made me, it was still around my neck, once I became a witch, I placed a protection spell onto it, the delicate string with random pieces of lego and children toys on it will never break or be harmed. "I have to see Emerald,"

"No you don't," Chuckling, I kissed him goodbye and got dressed.

.-.-.

After I travelled the small journey from my house to Emerald's home, I silently opened her door, hoping to scare her.
Although once I opened the door, I found Emerald sat on Franky's lap, her arms wrapped around his neck and entangled in his hair. She was slowly grinding her hips onto him, pulling his hair. My face grew warm. I interrupted their make-out sessions by announcing "Well, this isn't what I expected when I opened the door." Emerald screamed as she flew off of him and Franky stood straight up.

"Dawn, hey, didn't see you there," She chuckled nervously, I crossed my arms as I leaned back onto the door.

"Emerald was just checking out my throat, I have an infection." Franky rubbed his neck, looking anywhere but me.

"With her tongue?" I laughed. "Stop being so embarrassed by it, it's just... New,"

"I'm going into the kitchen," Emerald mumbled. I continued to laugh as I sat next to Franky. I looked down, he snatched a cushion and placed it onto his lap. Chuckling, I spoke"Okay, buddy, you have to go and have a cold shower," He looked at me embarrassed, I had never seen his face so red.

Sighing, I looked back to where Emerald had gone, I needed to talk to her about her mother. Coralina, and why she tortured me with those memories, but I looked around her apartment, it was a mess, I saw bills in the corner, I knew she was having a hard time, so I pushed down my anger and faced Franky. "Okay, she hates flowers and loves dark chocolate, there are these earrings she's been wanting for a while," I wrote down the details of the earrings as I whispered to him and I passed the note to him. As I exited, I turned around and smirked, "Goodbye Franky,"

"Thank you, Shards," He smiled, I winked at him and left to see Jacob and Rose.

.-.-.-.
"My mom told me to tell you that her debts been paid," Jacob told me on the swing. Furrowing my eyebrows, I continued to push him.

"What debt?"

"Mommy said that she owed you a favour when you saved me from the bad witch, she said she helped you last night so you're welcome," Jacob smiled brightly at me. I remember that night when Coralina had nearly killed Jacob, I used my powers to save him, had I really seen her last night? How had the knife appeared in my hand? Coralina was sucking the power from me dry, but it stopped, the connection tethered, it did feel somewhat supernatural, somewhat strange. Had Jacob been seeing his mother this entire time? I saw her dead body, I felt her cold, dead hand.