46 His Queen

I did the same the next day, I dressed in the same dress, with only Jacobs necklace however now, I had a small tiara placed on top of my head, my hair pinned up, supporting it. Grayson now dressed in a black suit, with a black shirt and tie. "You look good enough to eat," Grayson smiled, his stubble slightly tickling my neck as he pressed a kiss on one of the scars on my neck, the scar that my mother left when she cut it.

"So do you," I adjusted my tiara, looking in the mirror. "I like you in black." He interlinked his hands with mine. After a moment of staring at us in the mirror. I turned to him. "You don't have to do this for me. I can pass everything to Noah."

"And give up your birthright?" Grayson asked. "I know you've been dreaming day and night about this, dreaming about bringing vampires, witches and wolves together in peace. If anyone can do that. You can." He brought his hands to my chin, tipping my head up. "The war broke all of us. They need you -us- to pick up the pieces and fix them. You have a connection to both, vampires, werewolves and witches. You can do this Dawn. I believe in you. "He kissed me. "My love."

We walked out onto the stage, I felt somewhat insecure about my body, I bore red, ugly scars down my arms from my mother, and a plethora on my neck from the vampires, though Grayson showed me that they were beautiful. 'Scars show triumph, show bravery and strength, they make you look fierce my love,' and from then on, the insecurities disintegrated. 

Looking at the vampires below. They immediately bowed in respect insight of me, though I didn't miss their snarls when they saw my mate.

"Rise," I spoke, my voice strong. Secure. They followed my order. There was still a few thousand vampires here. I saw Noah stand behind both Grayson and me, I had appointed him my second in command. "I am Elizabeths Dale's daughter." They all already knew, but I felt as if I had to say it out loud, to make it real. "I am Dawn. Dawn Shards. Luna of The Timor pack-" Some of the vampires had the audacity to snarl at the name of my pack. "I am here to take my mother's role. I am here to be your queen!" I spoke louder, roar flooded the room, I couldn't tell if it was excitement or annoyance.

"If you do not wish for me to be your queen. Leave now." There was silence for a couple of moments before a few vampires began to leave. I waited a moment or two. Everyone else stayed. "I know you may not hold respect for both my mate and I's name. I do not wish to just, inherit the queen's title. I want to earn it. Grayson and I wish to earn your trust,"

A vampire placed a hand over his cold heart and kneeled before me. "I swear an oath to protect you with my life. Queen Dawn." He turned to Grayson, biting his tongue. "I swear an oath to protect you with my life, L-lord Grayson,"

"What is your name?" my mate asked the man, allowing him to rise.

"Tyran, your highness," Grayson did the unthinkable. He let go of my hand, walking to Tyran, he grasped his hand, giving him a firm handshake.

"If you swear to protect my love, then you have earnt my trust." They gave each other a firm nod before Tyran walked back into the crowd.

.-.-.-.

Grayson and I spent the entire next two days within the vampire territory, we made sure to learn every individual name and thank each and everyone for welcoming us. "Thank you". I spoke, kissing him in the vampire master bedroom. We still slept with my protection spell surrounding the room, we weren't stupid, we had murdered 90% of their species, they have the right to be angry with us.

"Of course," he growled, kissing my back. "I could live like this forever," He mumbled, sucking my bottom lip.

"We will," I straddled him, undoing his pants.