Prologue

There I was, standing in front of my new school with my stepbrother Jin. Many people who walked past us stared at us.

"Well, now that I've got such a pretty sister, I guess I have a lot to worry about," I heard him say.
"I'm not that pretty," I mumbled.
"Oh, sure you are, sis. But at least promise me that you will behave yourself."
"What do you take me for?"

"I'm just saying .... Well, come on, I'll show you the secretary's office," he deflected. He guided me there and helped me with the formalities.

The secretary's office was huge and had another room where the director had his place. The secretary apparently liked my brother. From what I heard from my stepmother, it seemed that he was also a model student.

"Here's your new schedule and some formal stuff," the woman said, handing me a few sheets of paper, "We'll give you the textbooks, but you'll have to buy your own reading material. Jin, I'll give you the key to the books, then you can give her some. You know your way around," she added.

"Yes, I will do it," he confirmed and winked at the old lady.

Wow, my older brother is flirting with an elderly woman. Jesus. He saw my disgusted look and lightly pinched me. Unnoticed, of course, after all, he was not to get a bad reputation.

I flinched and looked at him indignantly. Jin made it clear to me that I should stop looking at him like that. He was still talking to the teacher, and I had long since tuned out.

"HEEEEY, Tyler! Hurry up!" a boy with blond hair shouted. He was standing in front of the door of the secretary's office, looking to my right. Over there stood this said boy (Who I hadn't noticed before). A teacher must have been talking to him because they both came out of one room.

While the teacher had a severe look on his face, the boy just looked bored, "If you understand, then leave," the teacher snarled, pointing to the door.

"Yeah, yeah, calm down," he mumbled with a rough, deep voice.... and he was also handsome. I mean, his posture was fine, taller than me, and muscular. His black hair looked silky as the light shone on it. Some long strands fell down on his forehead as he sighed, annoyed. He had... light brown eyes and- I shifted my gaze away from him as he looked at me.

"So...you know about everything then!" Jin said, pulling me out of my thoughts.
Shit. I wasn't listening at all.
"Yes, of course," I lied.

Jin grinned mischievously and laughed lightly since he knew I didn't listen at all. "Oh, who do we have here? Future cop Jin and ...", that incredibly handsome boy Tyler, walked up to us and then pointed at me, "His girlfriend, who I've never seen before? But I have to admit, for a model student who's always stayed away from girls, you've got yourself, one hot babe," the guy finished his sentence.

Wow, how fast the attractiveness of a guy could sink. Now I didn't think he was handsome at all.
"Tyler Wilson. Did you do something again? And she's my sister, don't you dare go near her," Jin threatened.

"Oh, the good Lord says my full name. And sister? Are you trying to make fun of me? What's your name?" this guy laughed.

"Oh, that's none of your business," Jin said and protectively pulled me behind him.
Tyler laughed again and shrugged his shoulders while the secretary clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes in annoyance, "I'm just waiting for my note," he said to the secretary, who then quickly typed something into her PC, annoyed.

"I guess the visit to the principal wasn't enough," she commented and then turned back to her computer, as the teacher who was standing in front of the room now approached us.