Chapter 30

Dean's POV

It's been more than a month since Rose's last call with Jin; since Tim was supposedly spotted.
Slowly we've gotten used to the daily routine.

Rose's father has also been back already, and he's taking excellent care of Jin and me. I really wish sometimes that he was my father; he was such a kind and heartful person. I took him as my role model.

Of course, you could tell that he still hasn't come to terms with the death of his ex-wife; in addition, he also missed his daughter very much.
Which was the case with everyone.

I wasn't happy that she was alone in France. But, honestly, I didn't understand why she would want to take that step alone.
I am different; I needed someone by my side to support me, and at the moment, I needed Rose.

Because ... I just can't get rid of the feeling of being watched.
I haven't told anyone either. I already made enough problems because I live with them in their house and they worry so much about me.

The fact that Tim has disappeared from the face of the earth made no sense to me. Well, I hope he stays away forever.

Dr. Martin has been in touch with Rose's father from time to time, and he said that Rose has been very busy. She is trying to research her past; she even went to the old apartment where she was tortured. He didn't tell us what she was trying to do, but I suspected she was trying to get answers.

Answers why everything had to end this way: Rose's mother did not answer. I feel infinitely sorry for Rose; Still, I wish she was here. I could not sleep properly for a long time; I was afraid.

''DEAN! COME DOWN; THE FOOD IS READY!" I heard Jin yell.
Yep.
I barricaded myself in Rose's room and snuggled on her bed. Her room was still exactly as it was the day she had left it.

Her scent was everywhere, and that calmed me down a bit.
''I'm coming," I murmured, even though I knew they couldn't hear me.

Slowly I rolled off the bed and fell down on the carpet.
''Man .... it's boring already," sighing, I rolled left and right until my face was now under the bed.

I looked underneath and discovered a box.
"Well, well...'' I reached out my hand and pulled the box out, sitting up again, "What do we have here?"
Without a guilty conscience, I opened it and looked inside. There was a used book and ... and ... Oh my God. This stuffed animal rabbit, which looked totally messed up.

My hand started to shake when I took the bunny and looked at it.
Turning it over carefully, automatically, a picture flashed where I found this bunny in the hospital with the threat on it; I squinted my eyes.

My heart was racing, but there was nothing on the animal.
Apparently ... this was the original.
The blood on the bunny was Rose's. Furthermore, this little one was .... with her while she suffered.
"Oh man," I petted it and placed the bunny on my lap. Next, I grabbed the book; It was also smeared with dried blood and dried water.

I opened it, there were many painted pictures; It looked like it was painted by a child.
Maybe it was of Rose when she was little.
The first pages were all pictures of flowers laughing. Suns smiling and moons singing. It made me grin.

What a sweet fantasy.
But the further I turned the pages, the darker the pictures became; she drew evil creatures that brought disaster and destroyed her world.

My smile disappeared, and I swallowed hard as I continued to turn the pages. Then, finally, one picture was torn out. The following page was a broken heart; only the most glaring thing was that this picture was not painted with a pen.