Chapter 29

Jason's POV
Since Rosee flew to France, everything has become quite dull. Everyone is grieving and very worried about her.

Me too.

I was perturbed about her. Although one thing is closed, Rose's mother has died, and so this thing is over. However, the bad memories will remain. Her mother's ex-partner... is current, but I hope he never crosses her path again.

But the worst thing is not finished.
Tim.

He's still on the loose. He's going after Rose. No one knows where he is; neither one knows what he's planning.

That really worries me. I have to admit, I'm not so worried about Dean because I'm sure Tim's focus is on Rose.

Sure, we have to be ready for anything, but still, my focus is on making sure nothing happens to Rose.

Jin was on the verge of a breakdown. Every day he's deep in his thoughts, trying to fool everyone into thinking he's okay.

And that hurts my heart; I don't want to see my best friend like that.
I don't want to see anyone like that.
It's just terrible.

Rose brought us all back together; she built us all back up... she was just wonderful. I want her to come back to us quickly. It's awful how empty and desolate everyone is.

I just couldn't describe the feeling; she was just missing. And as long as she is not there, that place will not be able to be filled.

It's amazing what one person can do. I still believe that it was fate that Rose came to us.

''Jay, what are you thinking about again?" I was pulled out of my thoughts and startled.
''Wow. I didn't mean to scare you," Bryan sat down in front of me and smiled slightly.

I was just sitting in the school library; I had a free period.

I didn't want to stay in the self-study center like the others, so I came here to have peace and think.

''Are you skipping class?" I asked after I recovered from my slight shock.
''We also have a free period. Dean and Caleb went to see Jin and Noah. I knew you were here. That's why I came. Or should I leave again?"
"No, you can stay."
''Good... And what were you thinking about?" Bryan looked at me curiously.

"Well... a lot of things. But mostly about Rose," I admitted.
"Me too," he mumbled, ''Dr. Florance came by yesterday and asked me how Rose was doing. But I couldn't answer him because it's been over a week since we've heard any news."

Yeah ... it has been 10 days, and that seemed like a year.
"Strangely, they don't get in touch, isn't it?"
"Well, I think they're a little busy right now. I mean, Rose's mother died, and her father is in the hospital," that's all we knew, but that was enough information.

''That's just bad."
And not to forget that Tim is still on the loose, but I didn't want to bring that up again. Everyone was already worried enough.

''Sophia, Hani, and Tiffany are sad all the time," Bryan sighed.
"We all are."
''True, but the three of them are really broken. They don't smile at all anymore and hardly talk."
"They'll get over it."
''I hope so... But have you noticed that Sophia has really changed? She talks more openly now and even visited Hani and Tiffany more often."

"Yeah...she's finally made some good friends."
''Thanks to Rose, too," I added.
''That's right. I think Rose doesn't know what a big role she plays in our lives," Bryan smiled lovingly, which made my heart beat faster.

''She'll be back," I stood up. ''I'll bring this back for a moment," I informed Bryan, holding a book in front of his face, which I had taken as a cover to pretend to read.