Chapter 1

The hour passed, but I could feel Tyler's gaze on me... the whole time.

We still remained in the same classroom. Only, the teacher changed. Miss Winters walked in with a dictionary and papers, greeting me shortly and then the class.

Then she started my most hated subject... English... I mean, I like math a lot. I like it when there's only right or wrong; by finding other ways, you could also come to a solution. Yes, I was strange. But somehow I didn't like languages. There you had to express yourself, talk to people... I am glad that Hani had approached me. Otherwise, Jin would have lived with me during the breaks until the end of school time. Since I am really antisocial. Or instead don't like to talk to other people. It is simply because of my past.

Once the lesson was over, we had the first break, "See you later then," Hani said before leaving, followed by the other students.

I remained sitting for a while to rearrange my stuff. However, I already felt a sharp thing piercing my back again. This time it hurt very much. Hissing, I sucked in the air to suppress a cry of pain, "What do you want?!"

"Oh, being aggressive again? Did I hurt you?" Tyler laughed.

"If you don't have anything to say, then leave me alone," I hissed and grabbed my bag. As I, was standing up quickly, Tyler did the same and grabbed my arm, "Wait, Rosie!"

"My name is Rose!"

"Anyway, I just wanted to warn you to stay away from my cousin," he suddenly said.

Dumbfounded, I stared at him. His cousin? What was the point of that now? Is he sick? I mean, how did he come up with that now?

"Are you serious?" I asked, perplexed.

"Just do it! I don't want her to make friends with the sister of my enemy," he said monotonously, looking at me with amusement.

"Enemy? Did you eat something wrong? Anyway, first of all, you shouldn't give a damn who I befriend! And secondly. Don't ever talk to me again!" I slapped his hand away and walked out of the room. What a weirdo...

Outside the classroom were three guys standing; the one from this morning, Caleb, was one of them. They stared at me for a long time. I already felt uncomfortable.

"May I present Jin's sister," Tyler stood right behind me as he left the classroom since I was standing right outside the door, so to speak.

He put his arm around my shoulder, and as he did so, his masculine scent hit my nose... Of course, he smelled good, but still, it was way too intrusive!

"These are my boys. Caleb, Bryan, and Dean," he pointed to the mentioned people who started laughing.

"What, his sister?"
"What a fancy chick. She's not even Asian."
"Hmm... Did Jin's father get one secretly pregnant...."
"Scandalous," the boys commented among themselves.

While Tyler only grinned, I was left speechless. I felt myself getting a jolt of adrenaline. I pushed Tyler away from me, "Don't interfere in things you don't know anything about! And leave my family alone," I hissed. For the first time in my life, I was doing this. Defending my family.

"Ohh," I heard the boys howl, but I didn't want to get involved in such a conflict. I looked at them again in disgust and then stomped away, still hearing them nasty comments though.

Jin was already waiting in front of the room where we had gotten the books, "There you are at last. What took you so long?"
"Sorry, I was held up by four idiots," I mumbled.

"I can already imagine who those people were," he sighed and looked at the ground, "Did they do something to you?" He stepped closer and placed his hands on my shoulder. Then, with worried eyes, he inspected me.