Chapter 4

Totally scared, I got up in the middle of the night. Sweat was running down my forehead. I looked around my room with my eyes wide open, just to be sure that no one was there. Then I ran my hand through my hair, "This can't be happening. Why did I have such a nightmare?"

To calm me, I got up and walked up and down my room; also, I went to the balcony and did the same there... sighing, I sat down on the swing.

"It was just a dream. It was just a dream," as a prayer, I repeated those words over and over again. But this caused me to get even more scared.

Usually, I would go to my father and sleep with him. Yes, I still did this even at my age, but now I could not do it, since Mika was there. So I took my pillow and blanket and went over to Jin. I didn't know how he would react, but at this moment, I didn't care.

With my heart racing, I knocked on his door. As soon as I noticed his growl, I cautiously entered. Jason had once told me that Jin was really mean when you woke him up, but I wasn't afraid, he could kick me out if he want too.

"Jin?" I asked carefully. He turned on his nightlight and looked over at me sleepily, ''Yes." Slowly, he saw what I had in my hands and then blinked in confusion.
"I can't sleep," I mumbled, embarrassed.
Again, he blinked troubled.

"Normally, at times like this, I would sleep with my father, but I don't like to disturb them. So...can I sleep with you?"
Jin's eyes grew big, "Rose, we're almost adults; we can't sleep together. What would our parents think?"
"Please, Jin, I can't sleep alone. I'm scared. I-I-I'll sleep on the floor; I don't have to sleep on your bed," pleadingly, I looked at him.

"Why are you scared?" he inquired.
"I-I-I was at the park today with Tyler, and there was this weird guy. He looked creepy, and he touched me too. Tyler protected me, but I still can't sleep," I only told this part of the story; I couldn't tell him about the weird detective.

Tomorrow I'll even go to school early, so if the guy comes back here, he sees that I'm here alone.
"Why were you with Tyler... Oh, never mind ...come here,'' Jin got up and laid down on the floor next to his bed. Confused, I stared at him.

"Lie down on my bed," he ordered.
Gratefully, I did so, "Thank you, Jin."
"Don't worry, do you think you're okay like this? I remember your father once told me that he always had to hug you when you're asleep, so you'll feel reasonably safe..."

I stayed silent for a moment, surprised again that he knew about such things.
"So not that I'm going to hug you, but maybe I should tell you a story?"
"Thanks, but ...," I held out my hand, "It also helps if you hold my hand."
Hesitantly, he took the offer and geld it firmly.
"Good night," I murmured.

I assumed he nodded since he didn't say anything. After a few minutes, I fell asleep and was able to sleep reasonably well. Whenever the man appeared in my dream, Jin squeezed my hand tighter, and the guy disappeared too. I was infinitely grateful to Jin.

I woke up early; it was 5 am. I got up slowly and quietly so that I wouldn't wake Jin. I went to take a shower and quickly got dressed. I just wanted to go out first so I could make sure the guy wasn't there. So around 6 am, I was on my way out on foot, without taking the bus. I didn't know if I was an idiot or just tired of life. Since the walk, according to my phone, took 40 minutes. However, I still did it; I even left a note before I went out. So now my family is in the knowing  that I would have breakfast with a friend so no one would suspect anything.

If something should happen, I had pepper spray with me; yes, I was somewhat prepared... I guess... Ever since I left the house, I felt like I was being watched, but I couldn't see anyone like the other day. Even when I had looked around conspicuously.