Chapter 15

Rose's POV
I didn't feel good; in fact, I felt so bad. All these days, I just haven't been able to sleep correctly since that strange man appeared. But, unfortunately, Mister Howards couldn't find out who it was since the guy was wearing a mask and a cap on the video surveillance.

My father knew about it; he and mister Howards ensured that I was guarded. Yet, the guy hadn't shown up again, but still, I felt like I was being watched.

After that day, I didn't dare to go out at all. John was able to distract me that day, but I didn't contact him again. I was too afraid of new people.

With an awful feeling in my stomach, I stood with Hani and Jin in front of our bus that would take us to East Palo Alto. I didn't want to let go of Jin. The days before, he took good care of me. He slept with me more often and even sang songs to me to calm me down. He was the best brother I could ever have.

''Rose, don't worry so much. Enjoy your days with Hani," Jin said gently as he brushed loose hair from my face.
''Yeah, I'll try," I mumbled. He immediately lifted my face and smiled gently, ''You will have a lot of fun. You always worry too much," his smile gave me strength.
''JIN! Come on, we have to get in," a teacher called.

We both turned to him and noticed how he tapped his foot impatiently while giving us a nasty look. Sighing, Jin turned back to me; he looked deeply into my eyes as he did so, ''If anything happens, call me. Even if you can't fall asleep, I'll still help you," he assured me.

With big eyes, I just nodded.
''Don't worry, Rose, I'm always here for you," he gave me a long, gentle kiss on my forehead and then left for his bus.

Sadly I looked after him until I was pulled back to reality by Hani.
''Aww... I'd love to get a kiss from Jin, too," she gushed, leaning against my shoulder. I blushed slightly. She was absolutely right; he was so handsome and loving. Anyone would want him.
''Oh la la, are you blushing?" she teased.
''No," I mumbled, embarrassed.
"You don't have to be ashamed, hihi."
''Come on, let's go inside, so we can get good seats," Hani took my hand and led me to our bus. So many were still waiting outside and talking; we were one of the first to take a seat, "Well, let's sit right here in front. This is the best place," Hani murmured.

Without argument, I followed her and sat down next to her. She sat by the window, then, smiling, she made herself comfortable, ''It's perfect like this," she laughed and took her cozy pillow with a soft blanket from her backpack.
''It looks really comfortable," I confirmed.
''You can lean on me, my pretty one," she wiggled her eyebrows, which again looked so funny on her. Without answering, I did the same. I leaned against her and closed my eyes.
"You're so cute, Rose," she laughed, waving her hand through my hair and putting the cozy blanket over me.
''Maybe it will be really okay," I murmured and then yawned.
''Yes, it will. As true as my name is Hani," she assured me.
Laughing, I hugged myself closer to her.
''Sleep, Rose. I will take care of you," she said.
What I also tried to do, thankfully.

10 minutes later, I could not sleep. Not at all, because Hani laid down in the strangest position I have ever seen in my whole life. Her head was on my chest. One leg was on my lap. The other... no idea where it was. Her arm was behind me, and the other was stretched out by the window.

The worst thing was that she was drooling on me while snoring.
''That on the subject, I'll take care of you," I mumbled, shaking my head.
Thank God we were already driving, and all the students were in their seats. That would be really embarrassing for Hani if someone saw her like that.

Quickly, I took her legs and put them on top of each other, then grabbed her arms and put her teddy bear in so she could cuddle it. Next, I took her pillow, gently placed it on the window jar, and carefully put her head on it.