Chapter 11

Jin's POV
I was not feeling well at all. I felt weird. Way too weird. I was sorry that I kept my distance from Rose and backed off, but I think it's for the best. Whenever I'm around her, I get thoughts that aren't appropriate for a brother. It's just wrong.

I couldn't concentrate on lessons at all. I just wanted to get some fresh air, so I went alone to the library after school because I needed time for myself.

Arriving at the library, I sat down on an armchair in a corner, sighing. Before that, of course, I had taken a book about feelings so that I could finally come clean with mine. As I was reading, some things started to dawn on me. The author had described everything well, but I was disturbed when I noticed someone sitting next to me after a while.

''Hey, Jin," Sophia's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I put the book down and looked at her. She got a little thinner again, and her face was paler.
''Today I couldn't go to school again. I think they're going to pull me out of A-class for sure," she sighed jokingly, but I knew it was bothering her.
Without really thinking about it, I placed my hand on her shoulder and tapped it lightly, making her blush.
''Don't worry, you always get good grades. And if you need help. I'll teach you," I comforted.
I knew how she felt about me, but I didn't really feel as strongly about her as I did about Rose .... WAIT! What did I just THINK?

Shocked, I put my hand down.
Sophia noticed my reaction and looked to the side a little sadly, ''I know I'm skinny. But don't look so shocked," that's right, she was really skinny, and her shoulder just felt like bones, but that's not why I was shocked, yet to get out of this situation, I hugged her, ''I didn't take my hand off you because of that. So don't worry about it. You are beautiful, and I'm sorry if I gave you that thought," I apologized.
"T-That's okay," she stammered.
Her body was really fragile, and she looked small in my arms. I felt her warmth, but it didn't penetrate like it did with Rose when she hugged me.
Sophia shifted away and looked at me with shining eyes and red cheeks, "That means a lot to me," she said in a low voice.

Sophia wasn't confident with her body and told me in the past that she was afraid no one would want her because she was thin and sick. I think those thoughts are pretty stupid because she is pretty and adorable, plus I think many guys are into her. But for me, she never came into question because Tyler was her cousin. We used to be best friends, but there was a little fight between us because Sophia fell in love with me. I mean, who would want their best friend to be with their sister- like-cousin?
I don't want to say that Sophia is to blame, but she was also one of the reasons that we had a fight. As I said, I actually liked her a lot; I used to have stronger feelings, but I always had to hide them. So I think that's why I kept away from her.

Sighing, she leaned back on the chair and took out her phone.
''Did you see what they posted about Rose?" Sophia changed the subject.
''No," I mumbled.
"Here, look at it. I don't understand these jealous girls," she handed me her phone. There were many pictures of Rose and Jason. Rose with Bryan. Rose and I. I didn't really pay attention to the others, just the views of her with me. We both looked happy and... My heart was beating faster, but then my heart almost stopped when I read the comments by anonym users:

'Rose is really hitting on her brother,'
'Like you say, it's her brother. So I don't see the problem.'
'But they're not really siblings. Rose could be falling for him?!'
'Omg! She's right. They are not siblings. It should be forbidden for them to live in the same house.'
'We can't let that happen. She's stealing all our treasures.'
'Well, actually, I'm not so worried about Rose. It's Jin. Look at the way he's looking at her. It's almost like he's in love...'

Almost like I'm in love with Rose?! They're crazy... Oh my god! Maybe I was in love with Rose? And they were right; I wasn't really related to her! Slowly I realized something, but for me, it was the biggest horror of my life.
''This can't be true," I mumbled, stunned.