Chapter 19

Jin's POV
Earlier... We had all taken the bus home this morning. Unfortunately, as we reached the school, we got confronted that two students were missing. They didn't tell us who...Still, the rest of the students had to come back here.

When the other bus arrived an hour later than ours... I was excited. Finally, I would have Rose back again in my arms. The anticipation grew more and more. Even though two people were missing, I was still happy to have Rose with me again. 

All the students got off the bus one by one, looking totally shocked.

As I knew, everyone was sent home because the police would take care of this case. The students were all already questioned. However, when I was about to go to a teacher, Tyler and Hani approached me. Hani was crying, and Tyler was just staring emotionless on the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong with them?" Caleb asked; he and the other three stood next to me. Sophia and Tiffany joined them as well. Sophia wanted to go to Tyler and hug him, but she stopped when Hani ran up to me and hugged me tightly. This made everyone gasp in shock.

''I'm so sorry, Jin. I'm so infinitely sorry," Hani cried aloud. I raised my hands and put them around her body, a little confused.
But slowly, my heart tightened. What was she sorry for? Why was she crying like that? I lifted my gaze. Why wasn't Rose here yet?

But then it hit me. I lowered my arms.
''Please tell me this isn't true," I whispered.

The others seemed to slowly understand because their mouths opened in shock. But before we could get confirmation, two cars drove up to us. Mister Howards got out and asked me to get in. But, of course, the others immediately followed.

I was now the walking corpse who got in and was driven home paralyzed.

The shock was so hard, I didn't even know how I got back home. I just felt numb and sat dazed on the sofa, next to my parents. This just couldn't be true... How could this be happening? My heart was beating wildly as I let my gaze wander through our living room.

My stepfather was in total shock and couldn't even speak, while my mother hugged him and cried loudly.

Jason, Bryan, Noah, Hani, Tiffany, Sophia, even Caleb, and Tyler were here. Everyone was in shock. Hani and Tyler, were of course, the most affected because they were on the spot. They blamed themselves, and they couldn't help it as both were crying quietly to themselves.

"I don't know ... if we should discuss everything in front of the whole team ... Or if only the parents should listen to me," Tom Howards began to speak after a long silence.

I turned my gaze away from Tyler and looked at him. Yes, he had just told all of us that Rose and Dean had been taken away. Both of them. In one night. For no reason.

Dean's parents were informed about it, but they didn't come. Which didn't surprise me because his parents didn't care about him.

''Please continue. I think it would be better if everyone hears what there is to hear," my mother said, wiping away her tears and then placing one hand on my lap and the other hand on my stepfather's, who was still sitting motionless.
''As you wish. I am really sorry. What I'm going to say now are just possibilities .... First," he paused for a moment and took the laptop he was holding under his arm and placed it on the table.

''This is the surveillance footage of the hotel," he said, clicking on some file. While the video was still loading, he spoke, ''First, I'll show you when he came in. Then I'll show you when he comes back to the foyer and hides. After that ... unfortunately, there will be shocking scenes happening. If you feel like you can't watch it, please look away. The recordings are without sound," Mister Howards warned and then pressed play.