Chapter 18

Jin's POV
Restless, I woke up before my alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes vigorously once and sat up. I had a strange dream.

Rose and I had gone for a walk, being watched the whole time. I held her hand tightly simply because I felt she would disappear if I let go of her. However, the strange guy came at some point and tore her away from me by force, and I fell to the ground. I had only lost sight of her for a second, yet she was gone.

My heart was still beating wildly, even though it was just a dream. Forcefully, I opened my eyes and then saw someone approaching Bryan's bed. Immediately, I jumped up, ''Hey!"

At that, I turned on the light. Then, realizing that it was our roommate who was secretly trying to make a pass at Bryan. Of course, I assumed this because he was about to kiss him.

I rushed over to him and pushed him against the wall, ''What were you trying to do?" I roared.
Jason and Bryan woke up to the noise.
''I-I thought you were asleep," the guy stuttered.
This answer made me push him even harder against the wall with my arm on his neck, "The wrong answer!"
''Hey, Jin, calm down. What's going on?" Jason came next to me and tried to push me away from the guy.

''The guy just wanted to mess with Bryan," I said.
Jason's eyes got big.
"That's not true!"
Immediately he was the one who pressed him against the wall. "Didn't I tell you not to try anything stupid?" Jason said in the creepiest voice I had ever heard in my life.
"I'm sorry," the guy burst out breathlessly.
''You have to say that to him, not to me," Jason pointed at Bryan, who was still looking shocked,
"I'm sorry, Bryan."
"Good, now get out of here! See if you can get a room somewhere else WITHOUT ME having to do it," Jason pressed firmly against his chest once more and then let him go.
"But, but where am I going to go?" the guy asked anxiously.

''I don't give a damn! You get out of here now. Think of something!" Immediately, the boy ran out, and only the three of us remained.
Finally, I looked at Jason, ''Are you all right?" I asked because his chest was rising and falling rapidly.
''Yeah, everything's fine," he mumbled.
"How did you notice the bum?"
''I woke up because of a nightmare. Just in time, apparently," I replied.
''Thank you, Jin. Really, thank you," Bryan intervened.
He sighed and set up straight on his bed, leaning against the wall

I took a seat next to him and then placed my hand on his shoulder, "No problem. Are you all right?"
''Yes, I didn't notice anything, but there you can see that you are a born policeman. First, you ask how others are, but you were the one who woke up because of a nightmare. Are you all right?"
I was a little surprised. I haven't heard that from Bryan in a long time.
''Well, not really, but it was just a dream," I mumbled, but my fear crept up again.
Jason knelt in front of me and put his hand on my thigh, ''Jin, you look pale. Are you sure you're okay?"

He was also pale from shock and anger, but somehow...
"I had a dream that Rose was kidnapped by someone," I mumbled.
Bryan shifted, ''Don't worry, it won't happen. This is just a dream. Rose is safe here; no one will bother her anymore," he assured.

Only Jason remained silent and looked at me thoughtfully, ''I'm sure her father will take good care of her," but he also looked a little nervous as Bryan kept talking.
''My stepfather told me she is being watched; Rose never wanted to tell me because she doesn't want me to worry. And she doesn't know that I know about it. Of course, the police have been on it for a long time, but what if they don't pay enough attention? So what if my nightmare becomes true," I muttered to myself while my stepfather's grave face flashed in front of me.

"What? I didn't know that," Bryan said in shock.
''I ... knew about it. I even went to the police with Rose," Jason confessed.
I looked at him in total shock, ''I beg your pardon?"
''I couldn't tell you because Rose begged me. She saw that you were always deep in thought and didn't want to add to your burden."
"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I felt betrayed.
"Well ... As I said, because Rose asked me to."
I paused for a moment. I didn't want to say anything wrong now.