Chapter 23

Jin's POV
I had to go back to school, but I couldn't even think about concentrating about class. So many students looked at me pityingly because the thing with Rose had hit around. Well, everyone had made fun of her, and now, of course, everyone has a guilty conscience.

Jason and Noah did their best to motivate me, and they did it well. However, I couldn't get the image of Rose out of my head, lying in Dean's arms, covered in blood. That has been branded in my mind forever. Noah slept with me for the days, so he accompanied me home.

It was so empty at home, my mom and stepdad were hardly around, and I wasn't always allowed to visit Rose because I had to take care of Sammy. That was really unfair. But in return, I was allowed to go visit her tomorrow. The whole day. That's what my parents promised me.

Even Sammy was allowed to visit Rose today, but... Well, tomorrow I had her for myself. I had allowed Tyler to watch Rose today because, well ... I wasn't allowed to, not because I didn't want to. But, yesterday, when I was with my stepfather at the police station to get the case described or the procedure we have seen unintentionally, a policeman dropped the folder, pictures of Rose as a child. It was terrible.

Tyler saw that too, he was there, and I wasn't thrilled that he now knew a lot more than he was supposed to. I just didn't want him to bug Rose anymore. While I was sure, he was going to help her. But I wanted to be there for her, not him. 

And while I was there, I asked Mister Howards if he could arrange for Dean to come with me. Because he needs help now, and he definitely won't get it from his parents. Therefore, I would have to be there for him as well. Noah threw himself on my bed and snuggled against my pillow while I took a seat at my desk.

"I think it's stupid," Noah mumbled.
"What?"
"I think it's stupid that you let Tyler be with Rose," why did he have to bring up that subject just now? I tried to suppress it as much as I could.
''Right now, he's with her, and maybe he's hugging her ...or he's kissing her," my hand clenched into a fist at this notion, at which Noah began to puff out his cheeks.

''You know... I only want the best for you."
''Noah, I know you want the best for me, but you're not making this any better by worrying like this," I sighed.
"Yeah, but what are you going to do? Do you really want to leave Tyler to Rose?" he inquired, sitting up again.
He pressed the pillow against him and sighed loudly, "I think Rose deserves better... and it's you," he pointed at me with his index finger and smiled gently, "Cause you're just the best!"
''Thank you, but it would be better for us to take care of getting Rose back in shape. She doesn't need any love problems."
Again he sighed loudly, "Yeah, well, you're right. But still, I want you two to get together. TEAM JIN!" Noah shouted, which made me laugh again.

The boy had ideas.
''Jason has been gone quite a bit lately," Noah said, drawing question marks in the air, "I wonder what he's doing?"
He's probably with Bryan. But I wouldn't tell Noah that. They would have to do that themselves, "I don't know, maybe he needs time alone."
''But why .... ? You know what I think? He has a secret girlfriend and doesn't want to introduce her to us. Because he doesn't want to show off since we're both single forever. Well, I am single forever; you will have Rose soon," he whined.

I turned bright red in the face. The idea of having Rose for me made my blood warm up.
''HEY! Stop talking such bullshit!"
''Oho, don't tell me you were thinking of something perverted," Noah teased, quickly wiggling his eyebrows.
I took an eraser in my hand and threw it at him, ''You idiot," I stammered; Noah raised the pillow as a shield and threw himself on my bed laughing. Only then he rolled way too much and then fell on the floor, which then made me laugh.
''HAHA! Serves you right," I said with satisfaction.
''Ouch," I heard him moan. But this interested me very little.
"Tell me, Jin..." Noah mumbled, but he stopped speaking.
"Yes?"

Defrost my heartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara