Chapter 28

Jin's POV
Crazy. That's what I was. I couldn't describe myself any other way. I just didn't know what to do anymore. The moment when Rose kissed me had been so unexpected and so terribly beautiful.

But why? Why did she do it? And why couldn't I control myself? I kissed her back; I don't even know how I managed to pretend it was nothing.

Well... She was confused and has experienced a lot at the moment. I know that she loves me. But she also sees me as a brother. She doesn't love me like I love her. Although... Why didn't I confess my love to her? I could have cleared everything up. I could have told her, but I drew the line myself for good when I said I see you as my sister. Even if it was a big lie.

Sighing, I sat down next to Noah and my mom in the living room. We were waiting for Rose to come back from her walk with Tyler.

Of course, I was worried about her, but I could trust Tyler to take care of her in that regard. It took a little while for both of them to come back.

Rose had to go straight to the kitchen and talk to her old doctor.
"Did Rose do well?" my mother asked as Tyler took a seat next to her.
''Yes... unfortunately, we had a not-so-great encounter with a classmate in the park. But she did really well anyway," he told me, sighing.
''What do you mean?" Dean asked.
''Well, Ashley made some nasty comments," Tyler muttered in response.
''I'm going to kill that brat," Dean hissed.

"No one is killing anyone here. Who is that girl?" my mother looked at Tyler for a long time.
"She's a classmate."
''His On/Off-girlfriend," Noah teasingly clarified, after which he caught a nasty gaze from Tyler, ''I broke up with her a long time ago, so don't say that!''

"Even if she is your ex, what does she want with Rose?"
"She's jealous of her," Dean sat up straight and put his hand on his injured shoulder, "She's just jealous and has problems of her own."
''That still doesn't give her the rig-," Mika was about to object, but she was interrupted by the roar of Rose's father.

Immediately, we all jumped up and ran to the kitchen, where we found Rose pale as a sheet and her father standing agitated. Finally, she asked her father to sit down, which he did with difficulty. We didn't understand a word they were saying because they were speaking in their own language. But their facial expressions showed that something was wrong.

Then, when her father started crying and addressing Rose, I felt dizzy. Rose stuttered to herself and shook her head in confusion. Noah squeezed my arm lightly because he seemed to be in shock.

''What happened?" he asked sadly.
Rose's father took her in his arms, and then she started to cry.
My heart broke in two; I just couldn't describe what I was feeling. I rushed over to them and hugged both, which the others did as well. When Rose's father calmed her down, we all took a step back.

Only Rose was still in her father's arms.
''We have to go back to France."

My heart stopped for a moment. For a split second, I had the feeling my world would collapse.
''Why?" I asked, shocked.
Noah squeezed me tighter; Dean also clung to me now.
''Rose's mother doesn't have long to live. She is dying."

Mika was visibly shocked while the others drew in their breath sharply.
''We have to go back. I'll book our tickets as soon as possible, so we can fly tomorrow."
''What... already?" I asked, shocked.

He nodded resolutely; Rose also nodded, only then did she burst into tears again heavily.
Dean joined in the crying.
''I'm so sorry," he mumbled.
''Dean, everything will be all right," Rose's father looked at him with encouragement, "Everything will be fine... But, Mika, please go upstairs with Rose and pack the essentials," she immediately went to Rose and put her hands around her shoulders.