Chapter 10

Rose's POV
I was perturbed about Jin; he was acting really weird. I mean, he was barely talking and had been avoiding me. It made me wonder if I was doing something wrong.

Currently, I was sitting in math class finishing up my assignment. Hani turned to me every once in a while so I could help her explain some things. Unfortunately, she wasn't good at math.
''Who would like to write this assignment on the board?" Mister Rivers asked.
Hani turned to me.
"Go," she said.
''No," I mumbled, stunned, but then she grabbed my hand and lifted it.
''Oh, Rose. What a surprise! Come forward and tell us how you solved the problem," The teacher said happily, while I looked at Hani in shock, who just gave me a thumbs up.
''Thank you," I hissed at her.
Behind me, I heard Tyler whistle as I stood up. Which brought a slight blush to my face. I quickly went forward, grabbed the chalk, and wrote down my solution. Then I began to explain it.

''... That's how I arrived at the result," I finished the sentence and wanted to go to my seat. However, some of the students asked questions, and Mister Rivers wanted me to answer them.
''Wow... Thank you, now I understand," Jessica said and then started clapping; the whole class followed to do the same.
Embarrassed, I covered my face with my hand.
''You did a good job; you should speak up more often," the teacher praised, ''The lesson is almost over," he added and put a stack of sheets in my hand, "I wanted to inform you that we are going on a class trip in 3 weeks. Rose, can you please pass out the sheets," the teacher demanded, which I did.

I started with the people sitting in front, "We are going to East Palo Alto, and we will spend 6 days and 5 nights there. We will go with class D to strengthen our school community. That means we will do a lot of sports. Including water sports," Mister Rivers announced, which made me stop in shock.
Water sports? I looked at the note and read through the activities. Every day we would swim for 2 hours. It even said that we had to take swimming clothes. How was I going to cover up my scars?
"Rose, are you okay?" the teacher asked, looking at me worriedly.
''Ah yes, it's nothing... Sorry," I quickly gave the last sheets and sat down in my seat.
''You forgot to pass me one," Tyler said, tapping my shoulder.
I looked to see if I had a sheet left, which was the case. I quickly handed him the piece of paper without looking over to him and scrolled at everything written on it again.

''May we use our own swimming suits?" one of the students asked, whose name I unfortunately forgot.
''Yes, you can," the teacher confirmed.
The boys started whistling, and some of them looked at me, "What might Rose wear?" one of them asked loudly.
''It's none of your business," Hani nagged.
I was getting really uncomfortable, as they didn't seem to stop. Then, suddenly, Tyler banged his table loudly so that the whole class became quiet, "Shut the fuck up now. That's enough. You're annoying," he hissed.
"We're going to see Tyler's six-pack," some fangirls screeched loudly.
"Okay, you can go take a break," Mister Rivers informed, shaking his head.

Immediately, everyone got up and walked out of the classroom. Sighing, I also stood up, "Terrible," I whispered and went outside. Closely followed by Hani and Tyler.
''Are you mad at me because I made you go to the front?" Hani asked, pouting and throwing herself at me.
''No, don't worry," I patted her arm and smiled, ''It's just because of the class trip," but before I finished my sentence, I interrupted myself because I almost forgot that Tyler was behind us. I didn't want him to hear about it.
Hani looked at me questioningly, while I tried to make her understand with my eyes that I didn't want to talk because of Tyler, but she just wiggled her eyebrows questioningly.
''Haha, you afraid to speak in front of me?" Tyler asked.

Hani finally understood what I was getting at, but since Tyler stepped really close to us, she just blushed and hid.
''Rosie, why do you always do strange things?'' shaking his head, he walked next to me. For the fact that he had only stared at me strangely all morning and had otherwise not spoken a word to me, I found the sudden change of heart totally strange once again.
''What did I do?'' I asked.
"Your behavior is strange."
"What?"
''Anyway, I'm curious to see what kind of bikini you're going to wear," he said before going ahead.
I just rolled my eyes after that comment.
"I hope you haven't forgotten that I like red on you, but green is the best," he called out again as he walked away to the cafeteria.