Chapter 5

Tyler rapidly changed his plans and saw me responsible for everything, while I didn't even have him in my mind. I mean, of course, I thought about him sometimes, but only because he made me angry.

Right now, we were sitting in class; the teacher and most of the students had been shocked that Tyler was here so early. The teacher even had tears in his eyes and was looking forward to him getting better.

Well, and me? I had to make sure that Tyler would not fall asleep; that was supposedly the least I could do for him. I was mad... He was doing everything on purpose; I think he wanted my attention and not the other way around. Hani had been puzzled about why I got together with the guy without busting each other's heads. I mean, I was baffled myself...

When the bell finally rang for break, Hani and I met Tiffany in the canteen. The two of them were pestering me with questions, but I couldn't really answer them much; I was confused.

"Well, look on the bright side. Tyler won't be able to get to Hani," Tiffany laughed and patted her shoulder encouragingly, "But he could get his hands on me though and do something else," she added, licking her lips.

Hani and I grimaced in disgust.
''You do have a boyfriend," Hani interjected.
''So what? I don't mind saying it was an accident," she laughed again, and I laughed with her because she said it in a funny tone.

"But Tiffany, Tyler is for Rose; you should have seen him the first day! He was so close to her, and they were staring at each other so intensely," Hani was retelling the story with such an outre that even I was listening in amazement.
''I would have loved to have seen that."

''Wait! It didn't happen like that! We just stared at each other angrily, that's all. I don't like him," I sighed and leaned my face on the table.
''But we all could still feel the sparks between you guys, and it wasn't typical; it looked very, very sexy," Hani dreamily patted my shoulder, "OOH, look who just came in. Speaking of the devil."

Hani pointed at the entrance. Tyler and his friends walked in like stars in slow motion. The girls started squealing and taking out their cell phones. I shook my head about their behavior.

But he caught my eye again as one girl walked over to Tyler and snuggled up to him; she led him to her seat and sat on his lap.

''Grr. This is Ashley; she is the team leader from the cheerleading club and in an on-off relationship with him. No one knows if they're together or not. But it looks like it's probably going on today," Hani nibbled her thumb, then her eyes widened, "Oh damn! Guys!!! BR is coming towards us. Shit. What does he want?" Hani excitedly hid behind Tiffany and then held my outstretched hand.
''Who is BR?" I asked.
"Bryan, Rose! Bryan is coming."

Now I was also swallowing hard. This guy was really unpredictable and made comments that hurt me a lot. Desperately I looked at Tiffany, who now also seemed unsettled. Well, I guess I have to be strong now.

I squinted my eyes and then opened them to gather my strength. Bryan was now behind me. All eyes were on us. We waited anxiously to see what he would do next.

"Ehem Rose..." he started to say, sitting down next to me and turning sideways, which once again made many people shriek, as it looked very cool, as he did so.

Confused, I looked at him.
"I'm sorry I was mean to you. I said things that hurt you and your family, and I'm sorry for that. I don't know you that well. I shouldn't have said such things," I stared at him with my mouth open. Tiffany and Hani were also speechless.

Why are they apologizing to me all of a sudden! I shook my head, trying to get a meaningful order in my head. So first, they insult me for no reason, and now they apologize to me. Hmm... Nothing... significant there... Let's try it again. They all insulted and exposed me unnecessarily, and now they apologize individually. Hmm... Still doesn't sound right.