Chapter 31

Rose's POV
Time just flew by. Every day was just .... terrible. So I tried to face my past, tried to find reasons. Every day I went to my mother's grave, went to the old apartment myself.

Only this took me down more than it helped me.

My mother had a therapist who forced her to keep a diary. To write her feelings in it. But, unfortunately, I was not allowed to have the book.

But Dr. Martin tried to clear this up... So I was allowed to have it. Some days I went to Lina's grave. Strangely, I noticed that her grave was kept very clean; also, new flowers were placed on the gravestone.

This, of course, made me very suspicious, because as far as I could remember, Lina was alone. She had no one.

That's why I decided to go to the grave more often because I was interested to see who went there. One morning it happened I found a female, petite person.

And she looked almost like Lina. This made me rub my eyes so hard because I thought I didn't see right. Uncertainly I stepped over to the woman.

''Excuse me," I mumbled.
''Oh," she jumped up, startled, and the bouquet of flowers fell out of her hand.

I picked it up and handed it to her.
''Thank you, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be scared like that. But this is the first time someone is here," she said. Her voice was a little darker than the voice of Lina that was in my head.
"Um ...." I didn't know how to start.

''Are you the person who brought these beautiful flowers? Do you know Lina?" this woman took over the conversation and jumped around excitedly.
''Yes, I was in the Orphanage with Lina. She was my only friend," I answered.

''That's wonderful. You are God's blessing that I meet you here. Can you tell me what Lina was like?" she asked with tears in her eyes.
I was a little confused.

Who was this person?
''I'm sorry. Who are you?" it finally came out of me.
She stopped fidgeting, her shoulders slumped, and her long blonde hair fell forward.
''I'm Lina's older sister. My name is Caroline."

She smiled slightly, ''Well, it's a complicated story. How can I explain it... My sister was separated from me since her birth. I was just 9 and did not know what had happened. Only when I understood, I started searching for my sister everywhere. I tried to find her. It must have been terrible. She lived thinking she didn't have a family, but she did. She had me. I did everything and never gave up hope of finding her and bringing her to me. I made an extra effort, started working early, saved the money, and bought an apartment. For both of us, so that we could live together. Two months ago, I finally found a lead and... I must confess. I never thought that I would ... That I would... I'm sorry," her voice broke off; she wiped away her tears, "I was hoping for a happy ending."

''I'm sorry," was all I could say, but I was glad that there was still someone looking for Lina. Even if she was no longer there, she must have felt it somehow.
''Don't be. On the contrary, I'm so glad you're here. At least I can learn something about my sister," she smiled at me.

Was it fate that my mother died now and I came here to have such a meeting?
I looked at the sky and smiled wanly.
''Then you must have been lucky to meet because I don't live in Paris anymore, and I will be gone soon.''
"That's amazing. Then I'm fortunate."

We sat down on a park bench, and I told her how Lina was. Only positive things came out of me because she was actually my heroine.
But before I could tell her how Lina died, Louis broke us off.

He was looking for me and was worried because I did stay away for too long.
''Louis Martin?" Caroline asked.
Dr.Martin looked at her in amazement, ''Yes, that's me," he said.
''Oh man, we used to be in the same class," she told me.