Chapter 4

Ava POV

"You guys are really-"

"Awesome?"

"Incredible?"

"Insanely attractive?" 

I pretended to think. "I was going to say committed, but I guess that's debatable." I teased. The three of us were getting ready at Olivia's house in her room. Quinnie was braiding my hair as Olivia put on her shoes.

"So, how do I look?" I looked in the mirror at Olivia's reflection. She wore an emerald dress that complimented her eyes. It had long sleeves and a small v-cut. Her dress had sparkles sprinkled over the dress, and she wore silver shoes to match. Her mask were those two colours as well, and her brown hair cascaded down her shoulders. In her hair was a single braid. She wore a silver, small chained necklace around her neck.

"Damn, Liv! You look incredible!" I complimented, and she beamed. Quinnie finished curling my hair and stood back.

"All done!" Quinnie wore a navy blue dress that was similar in design to Liv's, but instead of sparkles, it had patterns making its way up the dress from the bottom to her waist. She wore white high heels, that complimented her mask, that also had both the navy blue and white. Her blonde hair was also cascading down her shoulders, with a small braid barely visible. The three of us wanted to have matching hair styles with the same braid.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My brunette hair made its ways down my shoulders, and there was also a single braid on the side. I smiled at Quinnie in the mirror.

"Thanks, Quin." She gave me a smile. I slipped out of the chair, and put on my shoes. My mother had given me golden shoes to match the rest of my dress. I stood upright and looked at my shoes as they shined slightly in the light.

"We better get going. We don't want to be late." I smiled at Olivia and put on my mask.

"Let's go."

* * * * *

We walked up the many stairs of the Palace, still in awe of the beauty of the building in front of us. The Palace was towering above us, surrounded by beautiful flowers. Next to the doors were guards, and when they saw us, they opened the large, front doors and bowed at us as we walked through. I gave them a smile before they closed the doors.

I scanned the room filled with hundreds of people from a high angle. The three of us were standing at the top of the stairs, looking over the ballroom. On the left was an orchestra playing classical music for the dancing couples. On the right was a variety of tables that held food and drinks for everybody.

"This place is incredible." I said, my mouth still open in awe. I've heard that the Royal Palace was grand, but I think grand was an understatement. It was straight up luxurious!

We made our way down the stairs, and headed to the dance floor at once. The three of us danced together for hours, and I enjoyed every moment of it. 

After about three hours, I began to get thirsty, but Olivia and Quin looked like they could keep dancing for a few more hours.

"Hey, I'm gonna get a drink. Do you guys want anything?" They both looked at me and shook their heads. "Alright, I'll be right back."

I managed to get past the large amount of people on the dance floor and to the table of drinks. I looked at the options. Water. Lemonade. Coke-Cola. Punch. Orange juice. Wine. Jeez, they really went all out. I decided to grab some lemonade and pour it in one of the disposable cups. I took a sip and lingered by the table for a bit. I just needed a break from dancing in heels all night so far.