Chapter 33

Ok, so I'm trying something new for this chapter, where it goes between the perspectives of Ava and Louis throughout the chapter.

So to try and avoid any confusion, when it says *****, that is a change of perspective. I'll add their name to avoid any confusion, but just so you all won't have to deal with a change of perspective a lot throughout the chapter. Like *****Louis*****, for example.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter!

Louis POV

"Man, you're really hooked, aren't you?" Sam laughed as soon as there was a break in my ranting. I chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of my neck.

"I wouldn't say that exactly..."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Ok, fine, it's exactly like that. But I feel like there's something off. Everything is fantastic between us! But it feels as though...something's missing?" I explained uncertainly, but Sam just smiled.

"Of course you feel like that; it's because you two haven't said what you're really feeling."

I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I feigned confusion.

He rolled his eyes with a smirk. "You know what I'm talking bout. The L Word." My stomach twisted into a knot. Was it really so obvious? I suppose so with all of the rantings about her.

*****Ava*****

"And the way his face lights up when I go along with his jokes, and his smile - oh god, his smile. I can't get enough of it." I gushed, the size of my smile hurting my cheeks.

I panted at the lack of breaths I had taken during my speech and looked at my friends who observed it all.

While Quin tried to act surprised, Olivia didn't bother trying to mask her expression.

"A, sweetie, we know. You've been telling us for the past - oh, I don't know - couple of months," Liv stated sarcastically, and I looked to Quin. She tried to disagree, but she couldn't hide it any longer.

"Yeah! Damn, Ava!" I was taken aback slightly at her suddenness, but she continued. "We all know how you feel about Louis, and at this point, we know you do too, so talking about it to us won't change anything between you two."

"Instead of talking to us about it, you need to tell him how you feel. We can't do it for you." She folded her arms and turned her head, no longer looking at me.

"...damn!" Olivia finally broke the silence. "Is it weird that that kinda turned me on?"

*****Louis*****

"But I just can't tell her! I want it to be a special moment!"

"But you told me that you told her during the game you played. Just in a language she didn't understand." Sam mumbled the last part but I still heard him.

"Yes, but I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore! I needed to get it out!" I explained, sitting in the chair opposite him. "If I'm going to tell her - again - I want it to be the perfect moment."

Sam scoffed a laugh. "There's never going to be a perfect moment. You'll just know."

"But how will I know?"

"You'll just know."

*****Ava*****

"I don't know what we're going to do."