Chapter 39

Hello! I hope you all had a good day.
Sorry if the writing isn't so good this time around, I wrote this late at night while watching a movie.
Let me know if you want to see anything happen and what you think.
Enjoy!

Louis POV

I made my way across the room to Ava, my smile getting harder to hold back the closer I got. She finally saw me walking towards her and grinned. Olivia was stood next to her, but I didn't focus on her. My eyes never strayed from my girlfriend.

"Hey! I was just-" I didn't let her finish and my hand wrapped around her back as I pressed my lips to hers. She let out a noise of surprise but quickly melted into the kiss, placing her hands on my chest. I deepened the kiss and cupped her cheek, and she let out a soft noise.

I pulled away slowly after a few seconds. Ava kept her eyes closed for a few more moments before they opened slowly as she smiled.

"What was that for?" She breathed and I smiled.

"A thank you. For the party. I know you spoke to my mother about organizing this." She didn't respond, instead grinning before leaning for a slow, heart-stopping kiss.

"Yeah, girl, get it!"

Oh, right. I forgot Olivia was here.

"Liv..." She groaned and hid her face in my chest and I chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'll take her," Quinnie came from a different conversation. It seems like she was used to dragging Olivia out of conversations.

The two walked away, bickering with one another. I looked back at Ava and couldn't help but admire her. The way her cheeks flushed as she traced invisible patterns on my chest. The way her eyes flitted up to mine then back down at her hands.

God, how is she so perfect.

"Oh!" Ava suddenly picked her head up off my chest. "I still haven't given you my gift yet, have I?"

I smiled, confused. "The party wasn't gift enough?"

"Of course not! Come on! I wanna give it to you in private!" She pulled on my arm, and I couldn't help laughing at the child-like excitement on her face.

I let her pull me through her house, unable to shake the smile from my face. I swear, this woman was sent from the heavens.

She pulled me through her bedroom door, closing it behind me. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to her bed, pushing me down by my shoulders.

"Wait here." Ava rushed over to her desk, pulling out something from her drawer before sitting next to me. Her toothy grin created a smile of my own.

"What you got there?" I asked, trying to look over her shoulder, but she leaned back.

"No! Don't look!" She squealed, and I pulled back with a chuckle. "Close your eyes."

I raised an eyebrow but followed her instructions anyway. All was silent for a moment before I felt Ava's hand take mine, then something cool on my palm.

"Ok, and...open!" My eyes opened slowly and gazed down at our hands.

In my palm was a small, gold chain bracelet, and when I looked closer, little charms stood out. I blinked up at my nervous Ava, waiting for my reaction yet again.

"What is this?" I asked hesitantly, trying not to offend her somehow.

"It's a charm bracelet. People usually give it to someone important to them, to remind them of stuff that happened or something. But I made these for us. See?" She held it closer to me, and I looked more carefully at the little trinkets on the chain.

A star, a mask, a bag, and an apple.

"This one," she pointed at the mask, "is for where we first met. And how. This one," the bag, "is related to how you found me. When you helped my mum with shopping."

"Obviously the apple is for where I work at the fruit stand and how that's where I first saw you after the ball." She smiled fondly at the memory. "And the star is for-"

"My star." She blinked up at me, her eyes meeting mine. "You."

I didn't miss the blush that spread across her cheeks, and she smiled softly. "Also where you took me for our first date."

I grinned and pulled her onto my lap, rubbing her arms softly. "How could I forget? The day when you told me you would be mine and I would be yours."

Her smile grew. "Of course." She pressed a soft kiss to my nose, making my smile grow.

"You said you made one for the both of us?" She nodded. "Can I see yours?"

"Of course." She got off my lap and went back over to her desk, before walking back over and sitting back down. She handed me a similar gold bracelet.

I looked at the charms more closely, and noticed that instead of a star on hers, there was a crown. I laugh escaped my lips and I looked back up at her. "And this stands for..?"

Ava grinned. "My prince, of course."

I laughed. "Of course."

I mirrored her smile, before hers slowly turned into something more nervous than happy. "Do you like it? I wasn't exactly sure what to get you, but I thought this was a nice idea. I thought we could add to it during our relationship," she explained, pausing for my answer, but I didn't know what to say. That seemed to be happening more and more lately. "But if you don't like it I can take it and find you something bette-"

I stopped her rambling by pressing my mouth to hers. She responded instantly, wringing her arms around my neck. I pulled away slowly, bringing my forehead to hers and looking into her gorgeous eyes. 

"Ava, it's perfect. You're perfect." I cupped her cheek. She leaned into my hand, and I couldn't help thinking about how lucky I was.

I leaned up to Ava again, kissing her gently.

I couldn't get enough of her.

Ava put her weight on me, making me fall back on her bed then she pulled back, placing her head on my chest.

"Happy birthday, Louis." I heard her whisper. "I hope it was fun."

I stroked her hair, looking up at the ceiling.

"It couldn't have been better."