Chapter 19

Louis POV

"Mother, may I speak to you in private?"

She looked up at me from her journal. "Of course." We walked out of her office and into my room. I made sure the door was closed before I turned back to her.

"So what did you want to discuss, son?" She asked and held her hands in front of her. I took a deep breath.

"I understand that you and father would like to meet the woman I've been seeing, and I spoke to her about the ball you planned to hold to meet her officially."

"Yes. Does she not want to attend?"

"No, of course not! She is, very nervous about meeting you both formally, but she wishes for the ball to be another masquerade. Just so people don't question why she is with us."

My mother nodded thoughtfully. "I didn't even take that into consideration, but of course we can do that. I'm assuming you haven't spoken to your father about it?" I gave her a crooked smile, and she had her answer.

She let out a sigh. "Of course. Well, I shall discuss the matter with him as soon as I can." She headed to the door, and just as she was about to leave, I spoke.

"And mother?"

She looked over her shoulder. "Yes, son?"

"Could you please tell father to not bombard her with questions? She already finds this stressful enough as is, and I'm certain she would appreciate a lack of complicated questions."

My mother smiled softly. "I'll make sure of it. I'll see you at dinner." And with that, she was gone.

* * * * *

Ava POV

I rubbed the tips of my fingers against my temples and closed my eyes.

I did not need this right now.

"Is everybody invited like last time? What about the ball? Is there a certain theme? Antarctica? Vampire Diaries? Ariana Grande?" Olivia let out a loud gasp. "Is it Marvel? Oh, please tell me it's Marvel! I dibs Wanda!"

"For the last time, Liv, I don't know." I opened my eyes. "And I don't think that the Royal Family would host a Marvel ball."

She scoffed. "Why not? Marvel is awesome," she stated, but Quin stopped her before it could get any further.

"Thank you, Quinnie." I sighed deeply. "Look, Louis and I only spoke about it last night, so how would I already know?"

Liv gave me a look. "Uhh, because you have his number?" She looked at Quinnie with a scoff and a head tilt to me, but all she did was roll her eyes.

"Well, I haven't texted him yet."

"But you've called him?"

"No, I haven't." They both gave me a questioning stare. "I don't want to interrupt him if he's busy."

Olivia took a deep breath. "Ok, I mean this in the nicest and kindest way possible...Bitch, are you serious?"

"Olivia!"

"I'm just saying, are you being serious right now? The dude's obsessed with you-Mariah Carey. You seriously think that he wouldn't stop whatever he's doing just to talk to you?" That got me silent. Since when was Olivia so logical?

"Damn," Quin said, "what'd you do with our Olivia?"

She rolled her eyes. "Shut up, it's just because I'm spending too much time around you."