Chapter 29

Ava POV

I laughed as Louis almost tripped over another stick.

"How are you the one tripping over right now? I'm the one literally carrying this big ass dress behind me-which, thank you again."

"I told you before, princess," he said as he kept his focus on not tripping over any more sticks. "It's the least I could do." He tugged on my hand suddenly, forcing me into his chest.

"If you would let me, I could show you just how much I could do," he smirked and gave me a wink. I wish I could say that I had gotten used to his flirty teasing, but I haven't. And I have no clue if I ever will.

I pushed myself out of his arms as he chuckled. "Your reaction is most amusing, mon étoile."

"Yeah, yeah, just take us to where you plan to murder me." He laughed and took my hand again. "You know I can just follow you, right?" I gestured to our hands. Louis looked at them then back at me with a small smirk.

"I know you can, but I love the feeling of your hand in mine."

Damn, he really knew how to get my heart pumping.

I stayed silent to avoid any more teasing, and Louis chuckled at my lack of response. After a few minutes of silence, I began seeing a familiar path with some familiar trees.

"Wait, are you taking me back to the gazebo?" Louis looked over his shoulder and gave me a smile.

"You remember the path?"

"I think so."

Louis stopped walking and smirked. "So would you be able to get back there on your own?"

"Oh, definitely not." I tugged on his hand lightly. "Please, keep walking."

* * * * *

In less than ten minutes, we had made it back to the gazebo, but it looked different this time. Instead of it being mostly empty, there was a table in the middle with two chairs opposite each other. The food was covered with a red tablecloth and on top of that was a silver dome. In the middle of the table was a single rose in a clear vase. The gazebo was lit up with small lanterns hanging from the top.

"Louis..." I turned to him and he was already looking at me. "What is this?"

He smiled softly and led us towards the gazebo. "Well, I happened to realise that during the time of our relationship, we have only been on one date, and I couldn't just wait to ask you again, so I decided to have a kind of date here."

We stepped onto the gazebo and Louis pulled out a chair. I giggled as I sat down and he pushed my chair toward the table. I thought he had let go to go to his chair, but he lingered. I felt his presence behind me, and my heart began beating faster when his hand dropped on my shoulder. He leaned down and I felt his lips brush against my ear, causing a wave of shivers to rush through me.

"I don't know if I've made it clear enough yet," he muttered against my ear. "But you look absolutely fantastic tonight." He nipped my ear lightly. "Good enough to eat."

I squirmed slightly in my seat. Louis' hand slid off my shoulder and he walked to his chair. I took a deep breath and placed my hands on my lap and Louis sat in his seat.

"So, I made some food for us tonight." Louis had his hand on the plate dome and looked at me as he spoke. "It's nothing special, just some spaghetti." He lifted the dome and revealed the food. Under the dome was a bowl of spaghetti enough for two. I felt saliva build in my mouth at the sight of the delicious food.

Louis reached over the table and grabbed my bowl and began filling it with some of the spaghetti.

"Thank you," I said as he set my bowl back down in front of me. He nodded with a small smile before filling up his own bowl.