Chapter 20

Ava POV

The rest of the day was smooth sailing. Louis stuck around, saying that he wasn't leaving until I did. But I'm guessing he was scared that the man was going to come back.

We were talking to each other when my phone started playing a little tune. I picked it up and read what was shown.

2 o'clock-Get Ready for Work

"Is something wrong?" I looked back up at Louis.

"Oh no, nothing's wrong. I just have to go somewhere."

"Oh, where is it? I'll walk with you," he straightened himself and held an arm out to me. I took and placed my other arm on it too.

"You don't have to walk with me, Louis. I can get there myself."

"Oh, I know you can; I just want to come with you." We walked away from the stand and onto the path of the markets.

My heart fluttered lightly at his thoughtfulness.

"But it's fine, you probably have someplace else to be," I stated whilst peering up at him.

"I do have a suit fitting for the ball tonight, but you should be done by then, right?"

I thought back to how long I had to work for.

"Unfortunately not. I have to be there until 9 o'clock." Louis sighed disappointedly.

"I suppose I can't go with you then," he agreed, annoyed at the fact. He stopped walking and turned to face me, taking one of my hands in his.

"I suppose I'll see you tomorrow then," Louis said, lifting my hand up to his lips and going to give it a kiss. I kept eye contact as he stopped suddenly before bringing his head to mine.

"Why am I being so formal?" He asked himself before giving me a chaste kiss on the lips. I felt my face blush at the suddenness, causing Louis to smirk and his dimples to show.

"I'll see you soon, mon amour," was all he said before he gave me a wink and walked off.

Mon amour.

What does that mean?

* * * * *

I scanned the price tag before folding the shirt and putting it in the bag with the others.

"That'll be $39.95," I said to the woman in front of me. She reached into her purse and pulled out some money, handing it to me. I took it and counted it up, handing her the change. I printed the receipt and slid it into the bag with her items and handed her the bag.

"Thank you for shopping with us, and have a nice day," I said when she took the bag. She gave me a nod before walking out of the store.

"Just a couple more hours," I muttered under my breath, closing my eyes and taking a breath.

"Damn, you look like you got pulled out of your grave." My eyes blinked open, seeing my two friends walk into the shop.

"Good to see you too, Olivia," I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Quinnie." She gave me a wave.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Well, we just wanted to let you know that Olivia and I are planning to go to a party tonight, and that if you need anything-"

"Call Louis," Olivia finished with a smirk. Quin and I rolled our eyes at her antics.

"Alright, I'll make sure to keep that in mind," I smiled sarcastically. "Have a good time tonight, and if you need anything, call someone who cares."