Chapter 6

Ava POV

We had been walking for hours, just talking to one another. It turned out the path went in a circle around the forest because the Royal Palace was peeking over the trees.

I didn't want my time with Louis to end so soon, but I didn't want to annoy him any further. Even though I enjoyed our time together, he probably didn't want to spend his time outside in the cold any longer.

"I want to take you somewhere." He grabbed my hand and led me off the path into the trees. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, allowing myself to be pulled in the direction he wanted.

He gave me a cheeky smile. "You'll see."

* * * * *

Louis POV

This woman was going to be the death of me. And I didn't even know what she really looked like, nor her full name. But in the short amount of time I've spent with her, she has treated me like a normal human being. Granted, she didn't know who I was, but that didn't matter. It was obvious that she doesn't care about money.

We had walked for hours in the forest, and I could see the Royal Palace came into view over the trees. But I didn't want this to end just yet. I've had the most fun I've ever had in years with her.

We were almost back at the Palace, and I was nervous that we wouldn't be able to get to know each other anymore. I was thinking about ways to get her to stay out here longer, and then the perfect plan came to mind. 

"I want to take you somewhere." I grabbed her hand and dragged her off the path into the forest. 

"Where are we going?" She let me drag her through the forest.

"You'll see."

* * * * * 

Ava POV

He led me through the trees for a while, and I was about to ask if he knew where he was going, until there was a dull light shining through the leaves. The light got brighter as he took us towards it. 

Once we made it to the clearing, I gawked at the beautiful area in front of me. There was a white gazebo, lit up by candles placed on the fence that encased the hectogon shape. The roof of the gazebo was a dark grey, with a point at the top. Patterned flower pots hung in the gazebo, all purple and pink. As I looked at the gorgeous gazebo, I felt a sense of calm standing next to Louis.

"What do you think? Do you like it?" I looked at Louis, eyes wide with awe.

"Do I like it?" I looked at the gazebo, then back at him. "I love it!" I ran as fast as I could in high-heels to the gazebo, almost falling over as I quickly made my way up the steps.

I spun around in the gazebo, unable to keep the large smile off my face. As I spun, I saw Louis walk up to the gazebo. I stopped spinning, feeling dizziness wash over me. I held onto him, laughing as I waited for the wooziness to fade.

Eventually, it faded, and I smiled up at the handsome man. He smiled down at me, and I could feel my heartbeat pick up at his happy face, so I let go of him and took a step back to give the two of us some space.

"I'm glad that you like it-"

"Love it." His smile grew larger.

"I'm glad that you love it." He looked around the gazebo. "I always come here whenever I feel like I need time to myself, or just need to take a break from everything around me. It always helps me relax." I smiled up at him when he looked back at me.