Chapter 14

Ava POV

No no no no no, this can't be happening. 

I can't seriously be thinking this.

"I don't understand the big problem," Quinnie interrupted my pacing. We were in my house after we had all finished work for the day. Olivia and Quinnie had come over at 8 so I could tell them what happened with Louis. Of course, I excluded some details. 

"You don't understand; I can't be falling for him. I just can't be!" I fretted in front of the couch my friends sat on.

"But why is that a bad thing?" Olivia, who laid her head on Quin's lap, sighed.

"I don't know why, it just is!" I exclaimed, causing Liv to huff out a breath.

"Jeez," she breathed. I stopped pacing with a sigh and took a seat on the chair opposite them.

"I'm sorry, I'm just stressing out," I confessed, putting my head in my hands.

"It's fine, A, but why are you stressing? Do you, you know..." Quin trailed off.

"I don't think so, but whenever I'm with him, I just feel..." I moved my hands trying to find the right word. "Different."

"'Different' how?" 

"I don't know," I said. "Whenever I see him, I get butterflies in my stomach. And whenever he smiles, they turn into bulls. And I can't control myself around him, it's like my brain turns to mush." I didn't miss the way Quin looked down at Liv as I spoke, before Liv returned the look. They stayed silent for a long moment as I looked at the two of them, waiting for any kind of response.

"Yeah, I think you got the feels," Olivia broke the silence.

"What?!" I panicked as Quin flicked Liv's forehead.

"Not like that!" Quin backpedalled Olivia's sentence. "What she meant is that," she hesitated. "Maybe you are developing a relationship with Louis on a more...intimate level?" She spoke slowly, testing the waters. But I was confused at her words, and it showed.

Olivia groaned. "She means you're falling in love, you dummie!" I gasped and Quin flicked her head again. They started bickering again, but I quickly tuned them out.

Falling in love?

With Louis?

Ha, no. We've just became very good friends very quickly.

Who've made out twice. One being on the night we first met.

Oh god, this can't be happening.

What if Olivia and Quin were just reading into it too much? Yeah, that's it.

"Umm, I'm gonna go to bed now," I finally spoke, ending their bickering. I quickly got up and started headed out of the room.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it some more? You seem a bit rattled," Quin looked over her shoulder with a look of concern, but I sent her a smile.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

* * * * *

I'm definitely not fine.

I have been lying in my bed for the past fours hours trying to fall asleep, but everytime I am just about to, Louis and his freaking hazel eyes pop up in my head which backtracks me another hour.

Why can't he just get out of my head?!

I can't get a normal nights sleep like I use to because he just shows up in my mind and makes me question a lot of things.

Like why the hell won't he get out of it?!

I whipped up from my bed.

I couldn't see him right now. I need time to think about whatever I'm feeling.

I pull my knees to my chest and hug them close.

Maybe I could try avoiding him? No, that wouldn't work; he's the prince and he knows who I am now, it wouldn't last long. What if I just don't show up to work at the market tomorrow morning? Yeah, that could work! And it's not like he has my number, so he can't call me and ask where I am.

But he does know where I live, and he could easily come over. 

What if I hang out with Quin and Olivia for the day? They're always talking about how I should take a break from work, and this way Louis wouldn't find me at home, and I would have some time to properly think about...this.

With a relieved sigh, I lie back down and pull the covers over me. The smile on my face remained as I began drifting off to sleep.

Until the same freaking pair of hazel eyes on his freaking face showed up again.

Damn you, Prince Louis.