Chapter 28

Ava POV

"Princess?"

"Mmm?" I hummed from the crook of his neck. We were still dancing, but the conversation had turned into silence.

"I think my parents want to meet you soon." My head whipped up from his shoulder and looked around the room. I couldn't see anybody recognisable because of the masks, but I did see a pair of people looking at the two of us and talking between each other. Instead of the relaxed feeling between the two of us, I suddenly became stiff and awkward.

Louis noticed my sudden change in behaviour and gave me a head tilt with a small laugh. "Everything alright, princess?"

"Mmm-hmm," I hummed as I avoided any eye contact with the two people. "I just don't want your parents to see me getting all close with their son." I nodded my head towards the pair I saw, and Louis looked in their direction.

He kept his head facing them, but turned his gaze back to me with a smirk. "I see." He turned his head back to me. "But I don't think it would matter for them, because they aren't my parents." I looked back at the two people, and let out a huge sigh of relief when they walked away.

"Thank god," I breathed, and Louis chuckled.

"Don't worry, princess. They just told me before the event that they wanted to meet you midway through the event."

I nodded lightly and moved my head onto his chest, and he put his chin on my head. "Alright, and when is that?"

"Uhhh, in about two minutes."

"What?"

"Scratch that, they're walking over right now." I immediately took my head off his chest and took a step back. I was flustered, but Louis just laughed.

"I'm sorry, mon amour, I'm just joking." I looked at Louis with an unamused look, and folded my arms as my tongue rolled against my cheek.

"Oh, princess, please. I was just teasing," he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around me. "Don't be like that."

I looked off to the side, refusing to look at him.

"Oh, come on, princess. What do I have to do for you to forgive me?" I still didn't answer. "Sweetie...Honey..."

I ignored the nicknames Louis called me and still refused to speak to him.

"Darling..." He tried again, but I still ignored him. Louis thought for a moment, before a smirk formed on his face. He moved his head closer to mine and stopped next to my ear.

"Mon ange...Mon coeur..." He whispered huskily next to my ear. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes as I felt a blush rise to my cheeks.

"I don't know what you're saying," I stated, but Louis just smirked.

"Better for me, then," he said. "How about...Mon trésor? Mon étoilé? Mon réve."

"I don't know what that means."

I felt Louis smirk again against my ear. "That's a shame for you, mon chéri." His lips brushed against my ear. "But very good for me."

Louis spun me around to the music and pulled me close once more. I tried to hide any blush that might've been showing, but from the way Louis smirked, I knew he saw. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, if you stop saying...whatever you're saying, I'll forgive you," I said.

Louis chuckled. "I can't say that I'll ever stop calling you these things, but I shall stop for now."

I rolled my eyes again, but gave him a sarcastic smile. "Thank you, that's so nice of you."

"It is, isn't it? Gosh, I'm just such a great person," he teased, and I fought the urge to roll my eyes again.