✧Chapter 31 - Locked Up! (Pt. 2)

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

I follow Sgrodis nervously, pulling at the sleeves of my cardigan

I follow Sgrodis nervously, pulling at the sleeves of my cardigan. Sikowitz right in front of me and Trina beside me. The three of us have the same worried look on our faces.

We've spent the entire night trying to do something about Tori. Thankfully, Sgrodis was more than willing to help. We had all gathered in the lobby while he made some calls and finally got us a meeting with the chancellor. I haven't even had a chance to change since I fell asleep on one of the couches.

The shot I got was definitely helping with the hallucinations and the talking. But apparently there are also side-effects in getting ride of the moth poison. Which means my fever isn't gonna go away for a while. Plus, a headache decided to show up and I am also nauseous. So... yay me.

"The three of you, stay quiet and don't cause trouble, buddy." Sgrodis warns us as we walk into the chancellor's office.

"Where is Tori?" Sikowitz ignores Sgrodis and immediately demands the chancellor.

"I wanna see my sister." Trina follows after him.

Well this is going great. I thought as I rub my forehead tiredly.

"They bring her-" Sgrodis tries to shut them up but before he can finish the sentence, a guard comes up behind him and yells very loudly.

"Shnitz!" The guard screams, making Sgrodis duck down to the floor and quickly run out of the room, leaving Trina, Sikowitz, and I in the room.

The three of us jumped at the sound, being too terrified to do anything. Sikowitz hid behind Trina and Trina pulled me to stand in front of her.

"Oh yeah, let the sick girl be the shield." I mumble hoarsely. The headache is increasing and now I can feel my throat starting to hurt, forking damn moth...

The guard points at the chairs in the corner of the room. He silently tells us to sit with a harsh glare. The three of us nod quickly and scurry to sit, being careful of all the other guards in the room. I take the seat closest to the door and plop down without a word, leaving Trina and Sikowitz to fight over the middle seat, furthest from the guard.

"Doctor, how is his eye?" The head guard asks the kid worriedly after he had checked.

"Eh..." The kid shrugs, turning his hand in a so-so manner.

I rest my chin on my hand and slowly blink. I watch the kid put a lollipop in the chancellor's mouth since the chancellor has eye-patches over both of his eyes now. The kid gathers up his stuff and puts it in his bag, closing it. "Vetch-goof oz." He waves at everybody as he makes his way out, the guards stationed by the door opening it for him.

The chancellor takes the lollipop out and scrunches his face up in disgust. "Bok-n'voosh!" He shouts out, throwing the lollipop onto the ground.

The three of us stumble to stand up in fear. Sikowitz salutes in reflex before putting his hand over his chest and then putting it down. We hear a gong and for a second I thought I was starting to hear things now. But to my left, I see an old guy hitting a standing bell with a mallet. The sound is making my ears ring and I rub my ears painfully.