✧Chapter 52 - The Hambone King

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"And one bag of mini m&m- What happened to the m&m's?" I look up from the recipe book to find the tub opened and half empty

Beck froze and his hand halted on its way to his mouth. I raise an eyebrow as he stared at me like a deer caught in the headlights. Slowly, he continue to chew and swallow before standing upright.

"I don't know." He mumbles lowly while still chewing.

"We need to use the whole bag, stop eating them." I laugh at him, grabbing the leftover tub and putting it away from him.

"Oh, you're one to talk." He scoffs mockingly, "Where are the chocolate chips?"

With a small shrug, I turn around from him and busy myself with the other ingredients, "They're right there."

"There were three bags." He points out with a smirk.

"We can work with two." I wave him off, "I think three is too much anyway."

Walking over to me, he takes the book from me and holds it up. He holds it high enough and just out of reach for me, ignoring my protests.

"It says here that we'd need three bags of chocolate chips." He reads off the book with a smug look.

Finally reaching up, I snatch the book away from him and scoff, "Oh, what do you know? It's my recipe." I state, closing the book and using it to softly hit him before walking around the counter.

"Ow... Chef Lizzie is mean." I hear him complain from behind me.

"Okay, that was not mean." I turn around with a roll of my eyes, "But give me a minute and I'll-"

My words were cut off by something hitting my face. I close my eyes before it could get into my eyes but I didn't get to close my mouth. Bringing my hands up to brush my eyes, I blow out the powdery substance and cough in disgust. That tastes horrible. Real bad.

Opening my eyes slowly, I gape at Beck who is trying to hold back his laugh, "Now, that is mean. That is real mean, how dare you?"

"I'm sorry." He snickers, "I am so sorry, it was an accid-"

I stop his sentence with revenge. I had grabbed a handful of the flour from the table and threw it right at his face mid-sentence. He blew out the flour and coughed the exact same way as me but this time, I'm the one laughing.

"Oh, my apologies. You were saying?" I smile innocently, putting my hand behind my back.

His face was one of hurt and shock as he stares back at me. I watch him glare teasingly at me as he stalks after me. I round the table at the same time he does to avoid him. Eyeing the bowl of flour in the middle of the table, I reach for it before he can.

"So, that's how you wanna play?" He smirks at me when I hold the bowl and put my hand in to get ready.

"Yeah, that is how I wanna play. You started it." I shrug in defense.