✧Chapter 64 - Victori-Yes

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

Since Sikowitz's class is the first one of the day, we're all here early

Since Sikowitz's class is the first one of the day, we're all here early. Everyone is separated into groups around the class, talking about whatever they want to talk about. Summer break's closing in, so my friends and I started talking about what we're gonna do and where we're gonna go. That is, until the news dropped.

"Wait, so why are you not going on the roadtrip?" Robbie asks with a deep frown present on his face.

"Because NYU just called me last night and they said I passed for the summer program." Ana sighs, "I'm really sorry, but this is a big deal. Fifty people out of God knows how many applied, and I got in! Like, actually got in."

"Wait, you got in?!" I exclaim in excitement, "Why didn't you tell me? Oh my God, I told you, you'd get it!" I laugh happily, pulling her into a hug.

"You are going to crush that program!" Trey cheers for her, raising a hand for a high-five.

"See, I told you they'd be happy." I turn to see Jade smirking at Ana who laughs sheepishly.

I gape at them and looks at Ana, "You told Jade before you told me? How could you." I gasp accusingly, putting a hand on my chest.

"I was on call with her when the call came, it's not like I did it on purpose." Ana defends herself.

"I am offended." I dramatically turn my head away from her, "Offended!"

"Yeah, what she said!" André follows after, copying me.

"Offense!" Chad adds, pointing at Ana.

"Oh, come on." Ana groans and shakes her head in amusement, "At least I told you now. That's better than waiting a week."

"She has a point." Beck shrugs, throwing an arm around me.

I squint my eyes at him and leans back a bit, "Who's side are you on?"

"Not yours, that's for sure." Jade snickers at me, "Which reminds me, I also can't go this summer."

"Seriously? Right now?" Trey raises an eyebrow at her, "She can't go, so you're jumping onto her thing? You can't do that just 'cuz she's your girlfriend."

"Yeah, I can." Jade smirks, "But also, I need to visit a family friend, of a sort."

"I thought, you don't like any of your family friends." Robbie furrows his eyebrows at her.

"Yeah, you called them smile freaks and huggy morons." Beck adds.

"So?" Jade shrugs, "My parents are still dragging me, I still have to go."

André shrugs slowly and nods, "That makes sense."

"Yeah, you don't just get out of family stuff." Ana grimaces, "You get dragged into it, suffer, rather torture yourself, and then getting dragged out again while dying inside." We all turn to her with wide-eyes while she smiles innocently.