✧Chapter 40 - Just a Thing

~Third Person's P.O.V.~

TWO DAYS BEFORE THE "SHOW"

Rehearsing with Gustavo Rocque isn't that big of a deal, she said. It's not as bad as everyone believed, she said. Right?

Wrong!

And three weeks into the rehearsals, Thalia can tell you the exact same thing. That she regretted all those words where she underestimated Gustavo, or overestimated herself. Because here she stands, at ten thirty p.m., going through the dress rehearsal for what feels like the thousandth time.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

We're halfway there

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

The song ends and they stop singing. Kendall, Logan, Thalia, Carlos, and James stand still in a line, posing from the final dance.

"X-Perfect." Mr. X, their choreographer says, crossing his arms into an X and then doing a spin. He gives them a satisfied smile and walks away just as the boys, along with Thalia lets out a tired but happy sigh.

"Now, that is a good performance." Gustavo comments as he walks into the studio from behind the glass, "Do that for Griffin and you're good to go."

"Oh, thank God." Thalia sighs out, crouching down on the ground. She props her elbows on her knees and put her head in her hands, closing her eyes. With all the rehearsals and being in the last semester of junior high, it's been so hectic that she doesn't even remember the last time she actually slept.

"Now, you can all go home and get some rest." Kelly tells the group with a smile.

"Yes. And I expect to see you all here tomorrow at five o'clock." Gustavo points, "No lat-"

He lets out a grunt in pain when Kelly elbowed his stomach harshly. She keeps the smile on her face but she was glaring at him. Gustavo was about to glare back but Kelly nods at where the guys are all laying down on the floor and at Thalia who has been oddly quiet and still, in her crouched position.

"Or, we can meet up five hours before the performance and you can have tomorrow off to get some rest." Gustavo finally mumbles out reluctantly.

At his words, the boys lift their heads from the floor and immediately jump up. "Really?!"

Gustavo glances at Kelly again with a pleading look but she only replies with a raised eyebrow and a pointed look. "Yes." He sighs in defeat, "You all look horrible and I'm pretty sure Lia's asleep." He tells the boys, pointing down at Thalia.

"No, she's not-" Logan starts to scoff but stops when they all turn to see Thalia still squatting on the floor with her head in her hands.

"Yep, she definitely is." Kendall nods.