Chapter 19

Slade Donovan POV

The Drive to Landiok cliff was an unpleasant one as I drove with one hand on my chest and the other on the steering wheel. I arrived at the place in a few minutes, and thanks to the landmark cliff signpost along the roadside, I could get to the site. I parked the car along the roadside and rushed out of the car with my super speed; I ran into the woods. While still running, I heard a loud cry that sounded like Gabriella's. I increased my pace, and on getting to where I presume, Gabriella was. The position I found Gabriella was annoying and made my blood boil. A vampire was draining Gabriella, and when I smelled the air, he was just a typical vampire.

Not a royal or noble one.

How dare a vampire lay hands on what's mine?

I yanked the vampire off Gabriella, and she fell towards the ground, but before she could reach the ground, I rushed to her side, and she fell into my arms. When the vampire made eye contact with me, he quickly bowed and apologized. "I'm sorry, my prince." He begged.

"Run!" I yelled, and he ran like his life depended on it. I would deal with him later, but first, I needed to make sure Gabriella was okay.

"Slade," she muttered and tried to touch my face, but her hand dropped. Her once bright face had turned white. She tried to repeat something and started coughing out blood, and I knew if I didn't do something, she could die. I bit my hand and put it in her mouth. Gabriella sucked on my blood, and when she had enough, she stopped.

The puncture on her neck healed quickly, and her face had turned pale and regained color, but she didn't wake up yet. I carried her and ran into the woods. The vampire who escaped wasn't my problem yet because I needed to make sure Gabriella was fine. When I got to the car, Teale was awake, which was Surprising to me because he shouldn't be up until after two days.

Teale held the Vampire by the throat and smiled at me.

"You can thank me later," he winked at me. "How is she?" He pointed to Gabriella, who was lying in my arms.

"She is okay for now," I answered. I opened the back seat and laid Gabriella on it. After ensuring she was okay, I walked back to the front of the car, where Teale was still holding the empire by the neck. When he saw me heading toward him, he pushed the vampire toward me. The first thing I did to the vampire was kicked his balls.

A reminder of what Gabriella would do if she were to be in my shoes. The vampire fell to the ground and held his balls. I raised him and threw him down. He landed with a thump and heaved a deep groan. "Who are you?" I questioned him, but he refused to answer me. I grabbed him by his clothes and pulled him up. I landed a fist on his face, but I knew it would have no effect since he had healing ability as any average vampire would. "Who the hell are you?" I asked again, and when he didn't reply, I delivered a punch to his mouth, ensuring I knocked a tooth out of his mouth. Vampires have healing abilities, but they can't grow a tooth back.

"My prince," he spat out blood from his mouth. "I apologize, but someone sent me."

"Who?"

"I can't tell you, my prince," he said. "I was told I'll be killed if I say a word."

"You'll die whether you say a word or you don't. " I told him, and he gulped visibly.

"Lord Zepeda. He asked me to kill her; I didn't know she was your slave." He confessed.

" Right. Zepeda will never do that." I didn't know why I refused to believe him. The Zepeda I knew doesn't talk much, and he has no business with Gabriella, except it was Luciana. "Why did he ask you to do it?"

"I don't know, my prince; I was given an order. Please spare me, my prince." He begged.

"Very well, I'll give you mercy." I released my hand from his clothes, and he smiled but soon groaned in pain when my hand made contact with his chest.