CHAPTER 5

Gabriella Monet POV

"Oh my God, did I just slap him?"

Slade frowned at my thought and held me by the neck. "Are you asking yourself that Gabriella? Did you just slap me?" he shouted.

"Yes I did and I would do more if you won't stop pestering me, "I replied. My face whipped to the other side as he slapped me.

"I shall deal with you later," he said. I pushed his hand away and struggle to breathe.

"Get off me. You don't scare me, so go to hell with your stupid threats." He deliberated on what to say and when he couldn't find anything to say, he left the room.

"What have you done Gabriella? You just slapped a royal and your master."Elegance said as soon as the prince left the room.

I hissed and massaged the cheek he slapped earlier. "God, it is so painful".

"Gabriella, you have to be careful with the prince. He is royal blood and he deserves respect."

What's with this girl and vampires?

"Look here Elegance, I don't give a damn. Who cares if he is a royal or a pauper?"I replied to her and sat down on the bed.

"If the king finds out about this, you'll die"

I stood up from the bed and faced her. "Look Elegance, I'm not some weak girl who is afraid of death. What the point of living in this world when it's hell." when I finished talking, she looked at me and nodded in response. "Where the fuck is the stupid dress I'm wearing to the stupid ball?"I asked and she pointed to the bed. A royal blue dress lay on the bed, it has a crystalline neckline. Laying beside the dress was a diamond necklace, diamond earrings, a bracelet, and a pair of black heels.

"Why would someone who hates me So much gift me with something like this?"I thought as I stared at what was laying on the bed.

"Do you like them?"Elegance asked and snap me out of my thought.

"I love them. They are beautiful, "I replied and smiled at her.

"The prince wants you to look your best but looks like you have spoiled his mood," Elegance said beside me. I gave her no reply and picked the dress from the bed and wore it. "Wow, it fits you perfectly."Elegance complimented.

"Thanks."I picked the earrings, necklace, and bracelet from the bed and also wore them to the appropriate parts.

"Wow, you are pretty" Elegance complimented again and I smiled at her. She pulled me to the mirror in the room and made me sit on the chair in front of the mirror.

"Time to make up the already pretty face. "Elegance combed my long black hair and styled it into a ponytail. She powdered my face and straightened my eyeliner, eyelashes, and eyebrows. She added some mascara to my lashes and then with a final touch, lipstick to my lips.

"All done, "she said and pointed to the mirror. "Look at the mirror."

"Wow, I can't believe I'm the one inside the mirror." My face looked different as elegance did some magic to my face. "I can't believe I'm this pretty, "I thought silently and smiled at my pretty face.

"It's you, darling. You look beautiful for a slave. I bet the vampires would be high in love with your appearance tonight."Elegance told me but she made the mistake of saying the one thing I hated. "Vampires."

"Vampires?" my expression quickly change as she said that. "Could she be a vampire? Is that why she was supporting them?"

"Are you a vampire?"I spoke out because the next word she says determined how I was going to react.