32

Gabriella Monet POV

"Your Highness, " Gerald bow his head. "I apologize for breaking the rule but this slave tries to seduce me." He lied.

"Why are you lying? You forced yourself on me!" I shouted.

I wondered why he was lying when the truth was obvious. I looked at the king who seemed to be in deep thought. He looked From me to Gerald and then Slade. He was the Vampire King and killing me meant nothing to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Gerald over me.

"Here is my Decision," The king's powerful voice sounded as he stood up to announce his decision.

I closed my eyes as I waited for the King's announcement. If I should be sentenced to death, the only people I'll miss were Slade, My mother, Daphne, Anabella, and Teale.

The King stood up from his seat and walked towards me. With every step, he took, my Heartbeat rapidly as I feared for my life. I looked down when he appeared in front of me with his inhumane speed. "Look up Slave," He ordered in a stern tone.

I couldn't look him in the eyes because I was trembling and my heart raced because I was scared of what he could do to me. "I say look at me!" He shouted.

I slowly bought my head up to look at him and when our eyes met, my head jerked backward and I screamed out as memories of what happened between Gerald and myself came rushing into my head and every memory bought a terrible aching to my head. It felt as if my head getting crushed by a Car.

When the king averted his eyes, the memories stopped and the aching stopped. I gasped for breath as my head jerked forward. The King had done something to my memories and I didn't know why or how he did it but I knew he saw everything in my head.

Everyone stared in awe when the king rushed towards Gerald and stood in front of him.

"Your highn....," Gerald tried to say something but choked on his breath when the king held his throat. "What are you doing?" The King tightens his grip on Gerald's throat.

"You've broken the rule of the vampires and you are going to pay for breaking the rule. I the king of the vampires hereby sentenced you to a week lockdown in the river of indefinite Punishment." The king announced and threw Gerald on the ground. He landed on the ground with a loud thump. "Take him to the river of indefinite punishment!" He ordered three guards.

"Your Highness!" Candice's annoying voice sounded as she rushed and fell at the King's feet. "Please," she begged. "Not the river of indefinite punishment. He'll die if he spends a week there. Have mercy."

The river of indefinite punishment must be terrible to vampires for her to beg like that.

"Very well then," the king answered. "I will have mercy on him. "

That's what I thought. How could the king choose a vampire over me?

"He is hereby exiled permanently from the Royal castle." The king announced and Candice Gasped.

"Your Highness!" Candice bows her head. "Have mercy."

What else does she want?

"That's is the limit to my mercy. He did something a vampire should never do. Untie her!" The king commanded the two guards standing beside me.

The guards loosen the rope on my wrists and legs and it felt as if a weight was lifted off my body.

The King dismissed everyone in the arena and left with his guards and a few slaves. Candice ran after her brother as he was dragged away by three guards. It's served them right and for once I was happy the vampire king chose my side.